The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried PDR's 4k gov springs. I could bury my tach at 4000 RPM and keep going, and I lost my low end. Any ideas how they are suposed to run?
Is there any way to change what I have to a 3k set?

·
Super Moderator
3,190 Posts
They usually make the lower rpm a little more touchy, but if you back off the nuts a click or 2, it should be better. Most of the time, if you have the fuel to get it there, it'll run to about 4200. When I did mine a few years ago, I had a really touchy pedal. It would go from idle & jump up to about 1200. I think I only backed the nuts off by one click & made it worthwile. If power is coming in too soon, you can also slide the AFC housing back a little. Then it will give it a little more progressive feel.

Yes, you can make it a 3k by taking out the tiny spring in the center of the spring pack.

·
Registered
38 Posts
nevrenufhp said:
They usually make the lower rpm a little more touchy, but if you back off the nuts a click or 2, it should be better. Most of the time, if you have the fuel to get it there, it'll run to about 4200. When I did mine a few years ago, I had a really touchy pedal. It would go from idle & jump up to about 1200. I think I only backed the nuts off by one click & made it worthwile. If power is coming in too soon, you can also slide the AFC housing back a little. Then it will give it a little more progressive feel.

Yes, you can make it a 3k by taking out the tiny spring in the center of the spring pack.
i would agree with all of that 100%, also if you get a chance fill in your sig so we know what kind of mods and such your truck has.

chris

·
Registered
161 Posts
When I first put a GSK in my truck it ran great up top but was dead under a load compared to how it was before the GSK. All I had to do was simply adjust the governor lever arm, and all was well again. It was hitting the wrong spot on the plate and not fueling hard like it should. I would be willing to bet that is all you need to do to get your low end back. My truck fuels harder all around with the GSK.

This will set you in the right direction:Thumbup:

http://www.piersdiesel.com/TechLeverAdj.htm

Definately dont go to a 3k.. My 4k pulls quite a bit harder.

Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts