The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they offer, tire chirping shift kit for the 4L80E ?

like the 4L60E,700R4,200R4,TH400,TH350 ECT . . .

sitting a stop light putting it to the boards, chirping the tires as it slams into second gear would be sweet !

Just wondering if that style of shift kit is available for the 4L80E or if it was just truck type towing n hauling kits ? ? ?

Mike

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first link seem like the trans i want, but i don't a manual valve body and this thing is set for shifting at 6,000-9,000RPM the 6.5er ain't making it . . .

The second link sounds ok them trans go guys don't seem to offer much info !

Mike

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just sent an Email to the guys on that first link. . .see what they say about a tire chirping trans for a Diesel. . .

Mike

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They keep trying to sell me the stage 2 trans mission they claim is for heavy duty towing and spirited driving. . .Say it "shifts Firm but not Hard". . .

I want the hard shifting Trans that don't have a manual valve body.

Some thing like the 4L60E in my GTA trans AM, it hits second gear and third gear so hard you not only feel the shift ! as it sets you back in the seat but you hear it hit the next gear when you got mashed down.

That is how i would like my 4L80E to shift.

Mike

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
the stage 2 would probably surprise you on how it feels. You don't need to really bang those gears too hard in the 4L80E.

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I more then likely really dont NEED any more the a stock 4L80E such as the fine unit i already have . . .

I would LIKE to have the stage 3 4L80E, its more of a WANT thing then a NEED thing.
should my transmission fail i will be replacing it with a Stage 3 unit.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts