The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jack of No Trades
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've got my 4r100 apart due to the diode busting. Luckily, i was only going 5 mph when it let go so it didnt grenade into little pieces. The fluid is still red, although a tad on the dark side. I currently have my Factory Tech Valve Body in there and would like to keep it. What pump mods can I do that will work in harmony with the FTVB? I read that you can drill out the anti drain back valve? Is this correct? I was also checking out the Transgo tugger kit, but it looks like its main focus is on the valve body which I already have. It also looks like I can get the spiral snap ring for the OD seperately. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

·
Jack of No Trades
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's what I pulled off TCI's website. They perform the following mods to the pump:

Pump Enhancements
• TCC exhaust orifice enlarged for enhanced converter clutch shift feel.
• Cooler feed orifice enlarged for enhanced lubrication.
• Converter feed circuit cross-drilled to line pressure circuit to provide full-time feed.
• Front seal drain back passages enlarged to prevent seal blowout.
• Higher rate pressure regulator valve spring installed for increased torque capacity.
• New, steel boost valve installed to reduce loss of boost signal from pressure control solenoid. (EPC)
• An improved front lube/drain back valve assembly replaces the plastic OEM counterpart, which can melt, restricting the front lube oil feed circuit, which results in overdrive planetary failure.

Which can I do myself and which will play nice with the FTVB??? I'll give RacerX a call tomorrow and see what he thinks...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here's what I pulled off TCI's website. They perform the following mods to the pump:

Pump Enhancements
• TCC exhaust orifice enlarged for enhanced converter clutch shift feel.
• Cooler feed orifice enlarged for enhanced lubrication.
• Converter feed circuit cross-drilled to line pressure circuit to provide full-time feed.
• Front seal drain back passages enlarged to prevent seal blowout.
• Higher rate pressure regulator valve spring installed for increased torque capacity.
• New, steel boost valve installed to reduce loss of boost signal from pressure control solenoid. (EPC)
• An improved front lube/drain back valve assembly replaces the plastic OEM counterpart, which can melt, restricting the front lube oil feed circuit, which results in overdrive planetary failure.

Which can I do myself and which will play nice with the FTVB??? I'll give RacerX a call tomorrow and see what he thinks...
They can't do all on the list.
1 thing listed doesn't apply to 4r100's. 1 thing listed defeats the purpose of another. 1 thing listed can't be done to a 4r100. 1 thing listed is not a problem & shouldn't be done at all. Some things listed can't be done without creating a problem. The list may have been combined with a different list for other applications...possibly an office boo boo....
Didn't see a 4r100 pump over there sold separately. If a page link with the list is available, please post it.

~

Reactions: Racer X

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
They can't do all on the list.
1 thing listed doesn't apply to 4r100's. 1 thing listed defeats the purpose of another. 1 thing listed can't be done to a 4r100. 1 thing listed is not a problem & shouldn't be done at all. Some things listed can't be done without creating a problem. The list may have been combined with a different list for other applications...possibly an office boo boo....
Didn't see a 4r100 pump over there sold separately. If a page link with the list is available, please post it.

~
Thanks for that info.

So, what would you suggest (looking at this page on your website) for a DIY enthusiast who desires to support your business?

prt

·
TwinStacks
184 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Thanks for that info.

So, what would you suggest (looking at this page on your website) for a DIY enthusiast who desires to support your business?

prt
I must have had an older cached copy of the linked page on my computer, because there were parts on there when I linked to it.

I thought I was pointing the Threadstarter to good info.

I still look forward to Racer X commenting on what parts are recommended and how TDG members can continue to support their business.

prt

·
244 Posts
I am in need of a rebuild myself and also have the diy life. Ive only done valvebody work never had it apart. Want to make it bullet proof front to back. Would i be able to do so with Racer X kits (well detailed instructions?) with the lack of the internal knowledge??

·
37 Posts
Announcement

Hi all,
We have never published a company statement. I’ll take this opportunity to officially release one now: Our primary focus has always been: Rebuilt High performance transmissions, Custom Torque Converters & Custom Valve Bodies. We have that on our banner… and let it speak for itself with a flag that unfurls. I’m certain it hasn’t spoken loud enough by itself. LOL

We just offered parts on the web first with if you don’t see what you’re looking for please ask...I’m certain that wasn’t visable or clear & loud enough either. LOL
News:
While accessories were quickly being discontinued for these model year trucks, due to a shrinking market, we developed a totally new converter design-quietly. I’m certain it was too quiet. :)

Not many will take on the risk of a new product that requires a major investment for a shrinking market. Even in a good economy with stable metal prices.

We did alone, in house. We have bridged the gap between the $450-$600 add stuff to a stock converter time bomb and the $1000-$1400 well known brand name converters. The Racer X Prowler X6TC converter is the Iron that runs with the big dogs!

For $750.00 it is a modified truck enthusiast’s street or full competition use dream come true! :five

Camojeeper knows how tough it is. 01blk250 also. Skydog can comment--his Racer X rebuild with X6TC was shipped to Illinois almost 3 years ago. SmknDzl might offer a converter comment. Trackspeeder also, & some screen names not known or not active. We can show you a flywheel failure our converter has survived.

Because of its success, we can offer full custom rebuilds for almost $1000 less then the competitor mentioned in this thread. We have had rebuilds added to our web presence. I'm certain we should have earlier. LOL

Let the word go forth now, we do ship rebuilds nationwide. We have 3 locations for installation that are between two major interstate highways. Nearby, there are over 3000 hotel rooms, 30 restaurants, 3 golf courses, 3 RV parks or campgrounds with cabins, shopping, a lake front park, a 100 sq. mile freshwater lake with many public access points for swimming, fishing, boat rentals, a tour boat & more. Rebuilds will be installed free of charge by appointment.

For Rebuilds Click Here

Eagles Fire asked for the source of our competitors list for a reason. We won’t knowingly assist piracy or copyright infringement. If we did, we wouldn’t have the endorsement of a World Champion in our signature or on the website. Hopefully the source will be posted & that’s not even an issue at all here. It has to be considered as a potential issue first if the info isn't in the public domain by us as sponsors. The rest of Eagles Fire’s comments are correct, it could be a boo boo or perhaps zealous over-marketing many levels from the hands-on people… I don't think we have that problem...:)
Thank you,
J
X6TC survives shattered flywheel

·
TwinStacks
184 Posts
Camojeeper knows how tough it is. 01blk250 also. Skydog can comment--his Racer X rebuild with X6TC was shipped to Illinois almost 3 years ago. SmknDzl might offer a converter comment. Trackspeeder...
I have nothing but good things to say about my purchases from RacerX, the converter is a world of difference from stock and when it locks you know it :peelout very happy and would also like to say the customer service is amazing.

·
645 Posts
I rebuilt a few 4R100s this winter I did Trans Go pump mod kits, I drilled the torque converter (TC) drain to 5/16" and a few other things. The TC drain mod dose cool the TC much better.

If you still having some issues call me during the day I should be at my farm most of the day and maybe I can fax you some off the tips and instructions I have with my rebuild and mods kits they realy help

Or check out Trans Go I like the stuff, I also used some Shift Technology Products (www.superior-transmission.com)

·
279 Posts
I have nothing but good things to say about my purchases from RacerX, the converter is a world of difference from stock and when it locks you know it :peelout very happy and would also like to say the customer service is amazing.
X 2. :peelout:cool:

·
102 Posts
I drilled the torque converter (TC) drain to 5/16" and a few other things. The TC drain mod dose cool the TC much better.
If you did drill a 5/16 hole where the company you posted a link for told you to---you created a larger leak that steals apply pressure from the converter clutch. Once the clutch applies it is @ 1 to 1 ratio with the engine. 1 to 1 ratio = less heat. They shouldn't sell that for a 4r100 diesel application at all. It's has a multi disc converter that requires more apply pressure then the older single disc did. It's out of date & obsolete just like the single disc converter is for diesel applications.

Reactions: plainredtruck
1 - 13 of 13 Posts