The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok it has stated slipping really bad lately the trans temps go up alot under hard accelaration. i think its on its way out the door? is there any thing i can add to slow or stop the death of my tranny? im going to start laying off the diesel now because its slipping so much.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
to answer your ? no there aint much you can do racerx has the parts and there are many trans builders just get a good one

·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking suncost or BTS, i dont know much about ATS

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
they are all good units

·
Dually Club member #56
36 Posts
Fast_Ashley said:
All except for the latter of the three.

Purple piece of ****....
You don't really mean that do you? Please explain - Ol Red

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Ol Red said:
You don't really mean that do you? Please explain - Ol Red
Yes, I do mean it.

Crap warranty, crap build, crap period.

Now, if you simply move the first letter one position down the alphabet, then you will end up with a "built" transmission.

:deal:

·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i guess i wont be stylin with a purple trans

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
ford7.3sd said:
ok it has stated slipping really bad lately the trans temps go up alot under hard accelaration. i think its on its way out the door? is there any thing i can add to slow or stop the death of my tranny? im going to start laying off the diesel now because its slipping so much.

If it's an original 01, it probably has the mechanical diode. They were used for about 10 months in 01. If the problem is the 1 to 2 shift, you can try shifting manually M1 to M2 then into D. That may work to keep it going longer.

·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for all your info and help.What would the cost be to put in a trans? as a ruff estement?

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
3-5000 depending on what you need/want

·
Dually Club member #56
36 Posts
I just spent $5,400 on an installed ATS. Guess from the comments here, I will have to keep my fingers crossed. Wished I have found this site about a month ago. - Ol Red

·
17 Posts
be glad it is giving you a notice. i just had my truck in new york pulling a 24ft gooseneck with a bread van on it and it ran awesome the whole way up and back. two days later my tranny took a **** .:splat :squish

1 - 15 of 15 Posts