The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running a boost and pyrometer. I am definitely going to purchase a trans temp gauge. I am going to have to buy an A-pillar pod anyway, and the price between the triple and quad pillar pods are very close. Needless to say, I am considering a 4th gauge as well. Any suggestions on what I should put in for the fourth gauge?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, what is the red-line transmission temp? how high of a temp should the gauge read?

Thanks

·
6,337 Posts
Fuel pressure... the next thing on the list that can leave you DOA...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CSIPSD said:
Fuel pressure... the next thing on the list that can leave you DOA...

Would you recommend a mechanical or electrical?

·
355 Posts
Electrical, I don't believe it is legal to run fuel into the cab of a vehicle, plus it isn't that great of an idea anyway.

AJ

·
2,509 Posts
you can run a mechanical if you get one with and isolator where the fuel pushes on a diafram that has antifreeze on the back side that moves the gauge

·
1,921 Posts
IMHO if you have to ask what gauge to add you dont need it. Just get a 3 gauge pod. If you must get one Fuel pressure is nice to know if you are hot rodding and adding a bunch of performance adders but it's pretty much either there or it isn't and if it isn't you most likely aren't going very far. Personally I like the idea of a drive pressure gauge. You will learn a lot about the turbo and how it acts and is affected by different driving conditions by running one.

·
6,337 Posts
I love my Manifold pressure gauge!!! On the A pillar I have at the top, Manifold, boost, pyro, and pyro... Very nice setup!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts