The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If youv'e seen my pics, you know i love thrashing a brand new truck,...

MY QUESTION IS AT THE END::

I went out today in one of my buddies jeeps,...its the same place we always go......but we got some rain....alot,....the 30 acres of mud holes is the worst i've ever seen it.....so of course 6 of us are going out tomorrow...

1 --f250 4x4(mine),
1 --bronco w stock tires( i always have to pull him out)
2 --jeep cj's, 1 has a winch
1-- old 60's ARMY jeep kaiser(semi stock tires)
1 --chevy s10 4x4

i'm already going to prep the truck for the worst it's ever seen
WD40 the entire undercarriage, tape up my zoodad, air down...any others???

my question is... will removing the sway bar help any? and what else should i prep???

·
AKA - FFpsd
1,531 Posts
Sounds like ya got all the ends tied up.....Just bring a few different lengthed straps....And I reccomend after your done spray some simplegreen all over to remove the wd40....thats what I do on the bike....I coat it with wd40, after im done at the track I use a whole bottle of SG then coat the bike with wd40 again and run it like that...dirt just dont stick.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Jay, interestingly enough, i use cooking oil on my quad, i take a paper towel, lightly cover it, and smear it all over the quad, wipe the excess off, and run it. when i come home i use "GUNK" degreaser all over, and clean off the cooking oil. it looks like brand new after too LOL

Dom

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
the thing with using wd40 or pam or cooking oil on my plastics on my quad is that if you hit sand or dust it will all stick

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cooking oil,...hmmmm....i have alot of surface area...lol....if i did use cooking oil....i'd put it in a bug sprayer

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there anything i can put on the engine,and engine bay...before i go wheeling,....to help with clean up???

can i just WD40 under the hood too???

And what should i use after??

And how about the grill fins???

can i just use wd40 on everything?? i have tons,..thats why i keep saying wd40...lol

·
2,334 Posts
shure it shouldnt hurt anything id try to stay away from the painted portion of the truck all its gunn do is displace water so actually for elec. connections it will be somewhat good but u will be fine.... now if u just played in the rocks u wouldnt have this problem....where the real fun is... now whats with u guys wheelin in mostly stock tires?

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they Are Stock,...because They'd Rather Drink Their Money,........i'd Rather Mod With Mine

·
2,655 Posts
.......I bet someone is stuck, really stuck. I mean, like a HEAVY truck in soft material kind'a stuck. ...We call that "framed out" stuck. :poke:
After having a couple, I bet the Jimmy gets stuck before anything.LOL

......We want pics! :Thumbup:

·
Mafia member 46
555 Posts
Tanks250 said:
If youv'e seen my pics, you know i love thrashing a brand new truck,...

MY QUESTION IS AT THE END::

I went out today in one of my buddies jeeps,...its the same place we always go......but we got some rain....alot,....the 30 acres of mud holes is the worst i've ever seen it.....so of course 6 of us are going out tomorrow...

1 --f250 4x4(mine),
1 --bronco w stock tires( i always have to pull him out)
2 --jeep cj's, 1 has a winch
1-- old 60's ARMY jeep kaiser(semi stock tires)
1 --chevy s10 4x4

i'm already going to prep the truck for the worst it's ever seen
WD40 the entire undercarriage, tape up my zoodad, air down...any others???

my question is... will removing the sway bar help any? and what else should i prep???
Just don't get stuck! if you do ALL the other vehicles TOGETHER won't be able to get you out( Been there Done that)

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i got a few pics,..the camera guy didnt listen,..i wanted pics,...he wanted video,...

He didn't even get the good pics,...me hill climbing, rock climbing, and my first

DENT... yep got me a little beauty mark,...about the size of a softball, but not deep,....i could care less,...it's at the bottom of the door, can barely see it,....and i was talking about herculining the lower half of the doors anyway.....now i got a reason..

When i got stuck,...boy was i stuck,...good thing the old jeep was there, it was the only thing that could even budge me.....only problem was, he had stock tires,...filled with mud immediately,...he had to get about a 150 ft away on hard pack dirt, and snatch like crazy..

like i said i'm not happy with the pics, but here they are, these were the first 20 minutes there,..he didnt even get the good stuff....pissed

going in;

getting stuck;

what got me out..(60's jeep kaiser, 4cyl,stock tires, geared reallllll low, heavy as hell) ..look at his tires,..they look like slicks

·
TDG Member Since 2004?
584 Posts
Dude, you're a brave man! :rockon:

As for me, I leave the Ford to the towing duties...

You asked earlier if removing the anti-sway bars would help. If you plan on doing a lot of off camber, twisting, yes, unhitching them will help you keep the tires on the ground. If you plan on doing this frequently, you might want to get a set of end link disconnects.

·
TDG Mafia Member #64!
885 Posts
Hahaha when we go muddin i just hang back and pull EVERYBODY outLOL

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Cooking oil such as pam is the worst thing to put on anything that gets even semi hot...Cooking oil will bake mud and dirt into the engine of a four wheeler, been there done that..Use wd-40 instead of cooking oil..just my 2 cents

·
440 Posts
Sweet pics Tanks250!!! Been in your shoes a couple of times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts