The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright guys and gals.......when the Dodge comes out of the shop, it's gonna need new shoes before too long. It's a 4x4 farm truck that sees muddy and snowy fields all the time. I want a good, pretty aggressive tire.

I might have to get the spacers for the rear....it is a dually....to keep the tires from rubbing together, that is no big deal.

Sooooooo, watcha got, or watcha had before? Please post a pic if'n ya got one.

THANKS!!!!

kevin

·
Registered
505 Posts
toyo open country m/t- the baddest *** lookin tire and a pretty good performer:Thumbup:

·
793 Posts
Hands down the most aggressive tires made come from super swamper, but they lack in tread wear as they are mainly offroad tires, some of them wear better then others. Any of their tires will outperform any other tire made for street use in muddy conditions and soft snow, however they suck on icy conditions.
If your looking for wear and performance from what I've heard the toyo is the way to go, that's what is going on my truck when my current tires wear out.

·
Udderly Delicious
169 Posts
The Swampers are great for what you want, but changing them twice a year is a pricey pain. They do not last at all. I've ran them before. I'm running Dayton Timberline M/T's and fell in love. Best lasting tires I've found yet. I have ran Open Country before and they did not last either. I'm not sure if the width of the tire has anything to do with it, but I'm beginning to believe that is key on a dually. Seems the wider tires with spacers are wearing better than anything else. The Open Country tires were 295's and made about 25K miles. So far the Timberline's have around 30K miles and are half gone. Our goosenecks play hell on tires, so your results may vary.

·
1,705 Posts
The Toyo M/T's work great on ranch trucks. I have a set on my trail rig which is really just my ranch truck with some mod's :Thumbup: but I love them.They are 37"s. I just put a set of Cooper STT's on my D-Max cause the Toyo's were backordered,........still. I hope they last good,but they pull even better in mud that the Toyos. Only have about 1500 miles on them though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If your going to be trail riding i like my 52inch michiliens. They provide you with plenty of ground clearence. But for that tire you may need a little bit bigger axle but i don't know what your running under ur dodge.. i'd have to say the 2-1/2 tons work great especially with rear steer. Interco is coming out with a new tire that i will have to get my hands on which is a 54" bogger.. but they wont' be out for a few more months.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the toyo open country m/t and I love them. I have had the BFG m/t before and thought they were awesome but the toyo's beat them hands down.:Thumbup:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I can tell you to stay away from te MTR's if your going to be on the road at all cause they wear out quik. I have had both the BFG mud terrians and the Procomps and the seem to last very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts