The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 F250 CC SRW 6.4L diesel with the ESOF. the 4X4 would NOT DISENGAGE. Dash light reading "4X4 HIGH" just stays on, I've tried a multiple of logical remedies, like fuses, locking/unlocking hubs, checking for proper vacuum functions, and even disconnected both batteries for an entire night to see if the ECU would reprogram, and NOTHING!! Geez I'm sweating some bullets here. I'm getting the usual skips and hops you get when your 4X4 is engaged. I even threw it in reversed to see if it would disengage, but NADA. One thing for sure is, I dont hear the T-case motor actuating. I drive Ford's all day at work and I'm pretty used to the noises, kinks and clanks these trucks make. Anyone out there ever experience this and found a solution? I've seen a lot of folks here have issues with their 4X4's not engaging.... mine will not disengage.. Thanks in advance for any help..

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
what did you have in it in 4wd for? A friend of my pulled his 01 7.3 and the 4wd would not unlock. We ended up unlocking the hubs and putting the truck in reverse on a bit of a hill and it came out.

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what did you have in it in 4wd for? A friend of my pulled his 01 7.3 and the 4wd would not unlock. We ended up unlocking the hubs and putting the truck in reverse on a bit of a hill and it came out.
I went out to the range. Just some regular ol' flat ground desert dirt you find out here in AZ. I tried the reverse trick also and nothing.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I hate to say it but my guess is the actuator has gone out. Sorry Im not more help but that is where I would look next.

·
1,324 Posts
Wil it go into 4Lo? Maybe the switch is messed up. I think you can disconnect the vacuum lines to get the hubs to unlock but not 100% sure on the newer versions. The 04's are not too hard to remove. At least to get out of 4x4.

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wil it go into 4Lo? Maybe the switch is messed up. I think you can disconnect the vacuum lines to get the hubs to unlock but not 100% sure on the newer versions. The 04's are not too hard to remove. At least to get out of 4x4.
The actual 4X4 selector switch is good. I took it off and took it to work with me and tested it on a truck from work. I'll try the vacuum module and locking and unlocking the hubs. Lets see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts