The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking 4 a trans for a 89 to 93 5.9l i dont know what the trans would even be like the numbers and all thank you

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Torqueflite 727 if you're looking for a factory transmission.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Local Junkyards would be your best bet.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
local transmission shops can get you one cheap, and they are REALLY cheap to beef up

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Are you planning to go to tall gears in that 67? If you don't and you run that non-OD 727 you are not going to have much fun on the highway. An NV4500 would be an affordable alternative.

·
1,836 Posts
The overdrive 518 transmission will work or the 618 from 94 or 95 as well as the 3 speed 727. The trans has a diesel specific Governor.

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would like 2 know if i will be the first to drop a 12v in a c10 can i need help i would like to know if i shoud buy a dodge ram 2500 frame and the motor and trans and axles will bolt up 4 the most part or or box the c10 frame and make the motor and all fit
let me know

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
My quote pretty much sums up the 6bt. They are in everything you can find out there honestly. The biggest issue you will run into is getting the front-end to stay up. Also, making an AAM 11.50 or big Dana mate to your cantilever suspension can be a PITA.

Doing a body swap will make things much easier. Do you have a donor chassis/powertrain in mind?

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have the c10 frame and will have a dodge ram 2500 this week end and its got a dana 60 in the rear and im looking at the NV4500

1 - 11 of 11 Posts