1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wat all is involve and how much does it cost to get over 500 ponies in an OBS

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
umm with what u have listed in your sig you should already be there. maybe whats holding you back is that EDGE stuff your running, a setup like that needs custom tuning, atleast an over the phone tune from one of the popular 7.3L program vendors.

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have over 500 by alot :Thumbup: my buddy wants about 5 for the cheapest and easyiest way to get it

·
soot junkie
194 Posts
It looks like you have spent the money to get there. So you can tell your friend, from first hand experience that it is not cheap at all to get 500 hp.

·
1,726 Posts
7.3stroker said:
i have over 500 by alot :Thumbup: my buddy wants about 5 for the cheapest and easyiest way to get it
Luke made 550 on a set of Hybrids, stock HPOP and a Modded H2E from Beans Diesel and Tony's tunes. You would need a fuel system to support the injectors also.

From the sounds of it the bottom end was replaced soon after due to mechanical failures :shrug:

BTW, I thought you were asking a while back how much power your setup would make due to you not having access to a dyno. So how do you know you are over 500? :poke:
J/K

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i havent dynoed it but i no a guy that has about 450 in a 02 powerstroke and i can blow away from him like its nuttin so im jus guessin

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
7.3stroker said:
i havent dynoed it but i no a guy that has about 450 in a 02 powerstroke and i can blow away from him like its nuttin so im jus guessin
did he get that number from his butt dyno?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Where is there a dyno in New York around Albany that can handle a diesel. Just wondering if anyone has a clue.

·
Registered
222 Posts
7.3stroker said:
wat all is involve and how much does it cost to get over 500 ponies in an OBS
If I had your truck I would add up what I've added to see what it takes to get over 500 hp:shrug:
LMAO at the EDGE stuff, you are joking rightLOL ??

·
Registered
790 Posts
7.3stroker said:

You need to find a dyno. Also if that guy with an 02 is running stock rods (PMR's) theres no way he's even close to 450. You have enough fuel and air for well over 500 (probably enough for over 600), but with the edge stuff id bet your not over 500. Get ahold of Tony Wildman and he'll get you the tuning you need.

·
1,726 Posts
lukecline said:
You need to find a dyno. Also if that guy with an 02 is running stock rods (PMR's) theres no way he's even close to 450. You have enough fuel and air for well over 500 (probably enough for over 600), but with the edge stuff id bet your not over 500. Get ahold of Tony Wildman and he'll get you the tuning you need.
:whs:

And if you didn't know.... www.totaldieselperformance.com

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Andy said:
Where is there a dyno in New York around Albany that can handle a diesel. Just wondering if anyone has a clue.
newest issue of diesel power has every dyno facility for every state listed in it

·
Mafia #42
3,646 Posts
Power Stroke said:
newest issue of diesel power has every dyno facility for every state listed in it
but not all of them handle a diesel. I was looking into one near my home town and it turns out they only have a 4wd chassis dyno for subarus because they tune subarus.

·
114 Posts
Yea Im not doubting his mods just the Edge setup. With good tuning he would be knocking it down.

Back when I was into the whole drag scene it amazed me how many HP numbers were thrown around with no actual clue. It was funny how my little 300hp could hang with all the *4-500hp* stuff.

·
Real trucks rattle
79 Posts
how much can an obs bottom end hold before blowing?

·
Registered
790 Posts
powerstroker97 said:
how much can an obs bottom end hold before blowing?
I wouldnt push much past 500, that seems to be the limit of forged rods.

·
Registered
222 Posts
BlindViper said:
Make you guys don't forget tubbz he was putting 490 something on stock programing.
I thought it is 431, not to nit pick, with lots of goodies:mafia ....regardless, I'm jealous:Thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts