The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my thoughts on my '07 LBZ, now that I have 50K miles on it. I bought it new Approx. Dec. 1st 2007.

Basic Mods - FASS 150w/filters, MBRP straight pipe downpipe back, stock tune, Merchant Tranny/Convertor

Mileage -
13 around town
9.5-10.5 towing average ~24K lbs.
20 empty on highway

Stock Tires - They lasted me about 45K miles, they still had "some" life in them, but it was getting squirelly in the rain.

Oil - I have been running Schaeffers 900 full synthetic since the second week. No problems with oil analysis. Change it every 10K

Fuel - No problems, change the filter every 15K miles

Tranny - Full synthetic Schaeffers oil, tranny filter every 10K

Rear and front diff - Changing this today, I will report any info.

Towing - Tows like a dream, no problems.

Interior - No doubt about it, the interior is smaller than a Ford, just can't get around that. Seats are holding up great.

Overall - I love the truck, don't regret changing to a Chevy at all.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
That's great to hear, Wayne. I'm just going past 16K and so far everything's great. No problems to speak of.

I added Michelin windshield wiper blades to replace the junk factory blades. LOL. I put the DUHA storage bin behind the rear seat-love it.

You're right, the interior is about 10% smaller feeling to me compared to my Fords.

Seats are excellent, ride is beautiful, cabin is very relaxed, quiet and vibration free.

I also get 13MPG around town. Highway or towing I don't have any good figures b/c all my trips are short. Currently my readout is 13.0 MPG on the readout.

Only regret is I didn't get a dually.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here is my milage report at 10k miles:
20 on highway
14.5 around town
12 towing 32ft camper at 70

:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
24k so far so good.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I have 23k on Wendy all but the first 2k have been over 500 rwhp with no problems :woot: I get 21 fwy with me driving and 17 with McRat driving :shrug: +/- 14 city driving.

Mod's are MikeL Suncoast Trans, exhaust, 1792 lift pump, EGR Blocker plate and EFILive.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
fordt said:
LOL Pat's got a heavy foot huh? LOL
:iagree I was looking for exactly but couldn't find it.

We drove 260 miles today Pat drove about 50 miles of it. My mpg came out to 18.88 LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
You have 50k miles and it hasn't been 3 months.....do you live in your truck? Man, that's alot of driving! Glad to hear....no issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the truck in my sig in October '06. I passed 50k this week. I've had ZERO issues with the truck and I love it. Everything in holding up well. Seats are excellent, ride is beautiful, cabin is very relaxed, quiet and vibration free.
I average 18+ mpg on the hiway and 17+ mpg on rural roads. I avoid cities like the plague so I don't have any city mpg numbers. Towing, I get 12-14 mpg.
I change the oil and fuel filter when the truck tells me to. I run Rotella dino oil.
I expect another 200k+ out of this unit!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts