The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a CAT 5ek31696 that is all stock with the exception that it has a 600 horse flashfile in it. I have ET and SIS as well and I have found that the engine was originally rated at 355. I am no guru for tuning or go fast parts just a hard working mechanic. My question is in order to give this engine some power will I need to change pistons, cam, injectors & turbo and possibly oil cooler depending on the power level I wanted to achieve? It's a Dumptruck and when it's loaded it is pretty sad. Is there anything I can do to help it without spending a ton of money?

·
631 Posts
Hi all, I have a CAT 5ek31696 that is all stock with the exception that it has a 600 horse flashfile in it. I have ET and SIS as well and I have found that the engine was originally rated at 355. I am no guru for tuning or go fast parts just a hard working mechanic. My question is in order to give this engine some power will I need to change pistons, cam, injectors & turbo and possibly oil cooler depending on the power level I wanted to achieve? It's a Dumptruck and when it's loaded it is pretty sad. Is there anything I can do to help it without spending a ton of money?
No

You have aluminum pistons and very small injectors, neither of which work to build power

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Mr. Haney. I removed the 600 file that was in it when I bought the truck and put the factory 355 file back in it. I didn't want to take a chance on hurting the engine. So basically a Gold kit with new injectors and a new cam and turbo?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The serial number I would buy the parts to is a 5ek77948 will that serial and parts combo work well for a Dumptruck application?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts