The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
jet ski racer
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know if the factory mount system will work with a Reese signature series hitch? I currently own a Signature series hitch and I want to make sure that the factory mouting will work with my existing hitch?

·
Bodyman
237 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's what it was designed for is your hitch. I'm not 100% though..

·
1 Posts
Do any of you know if the factory mount system will work with a Reese signature series hitch? I currently own a Signature series hitch and I want to make sure that the factory mouting will work with my existing hitch?
The factory system was designed for the Reese Elite Series hitch. I believe that adapters are available for the Signature Series but I'm not 100% certain.

·
4 Posts
It has been awhile since I did my research, but I believe the system will only work with Ford's (expensive) hitch. It really drove the price up and I decided it was not worth extra cost, although it would have been convenient.

·
jet ski racer
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are the adapters that are needed?

·
26 Posts
The locking legs are replaced. the Ford mounts set lower than the original Reese mounts. Replacing the legs takes about an hour and I seen where some people have found then for a little over $100. I ordered the adapter kit from Ford (back in Feb '10) and changed them myself. I have the Reese 18K (original Signature ).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts