The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a RBW lil rocker 15K 5th wheel hitch installed in my truck and need to upgrade to a higher rated hitch. Does anyone know if I can use the exsiting rails for a larger rated hitch.

Thanks

·
1,224 Posts
I currently have a RBW lil rocker 15K 5th wheel hitch installed in my truck and need to upgrade to a higher rated hitch. Does anyone know if I can use the exsiting rails for a larger rated hitch.

Thanks
Should be able to. When looking at part #'s for rails to go along with various 5th weight ratings you will see it is the same part number. I guess it depends on on how heavy of a rating you are going to. I have a 16k hitch it and its rails fit 12k to 20k hitches. My rails even fit my 25k goosneck hitch.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
My hitch is the curt Q5 rated at 20k and the rails are the same as the 16k hitch.

·
236 Posts
Your rails should be fine. Keep in mind just because you get a heavier hitch your truck isn't necessarily going to pull "harder". Since it hasn't damaged the rails u have it probably won't with a heavier trailer. Although you are probably already exceeding your trucks GCW with 15K if it is a 1 ton.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts