The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who all has the fifth wheel campers and 6 " lifts? I know I have seen some pictures in here before.
Just currious I am picking one up Friday and looking forward to pulling.

·
149 Posts
I now have a 6" lift but to date I don't have any fifth wheel trailers. However, I do have one gooseneck trailer and I had to order it with a higher neck. As far as the fifth wheel goes it should be no problem to flip the axles and then add some sort of a spacer to it to create the lift needed to haul behind your rig. There is something else you should keep in mind though, after lifting the trailer you will need to keep your profile in mind. Wind storms, abrupt corners, handling, and the like. You can feel the sway and the center of gravity on your rig but, you can't with the trailer. It will change some, just keep it in mind.

LT.

·
156 Posts
I'm with him, once you raise a fifth wheel very much it will really change the way it pulls. Its no different then putting lift blocks in your truck, and a lot of people say that not a good idea either. Plus that also raises the steps in the door further off the ground, so if you have kids or stuff like that its something to think about. My buddy had a lifted truck and had his fiver lifted 4" and hated it.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
my friend had a 4" with 35s on his 7.3. looked more like a 6" tho. well, we flipped the axles on his trailer and OMG, it was HIGH! the rear ramp was nearly straight up, dang near high centered the quads when loading them. then the step to get in was rediculously high. lets just say it didnt stay like that for long. he ended up leaving it and the trailer was just a little higher in the front. oh, and thinking about it, his 7.3 was just as high as our friends 05 dmax with 6" on 35s.

Garrett

1 - 4 of 4 Posts