The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems getting this to read the stock code and hex number on 2006 .? I've been trying to get it to read my brothers 06 but it just won't do it? Any thoughts??...

F

·
0 Posts
Is it reading a truck for the first time or is it the second truck it has read?

If it is the second truck then you probably need to buy another "bullet", in other words it's good from TS to read one truck, after that additional "bullets" to read additional trucks can be purchased.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yea, you have to call Dennis to get another Bullet. But as far as if this is the first truck you have tryed it on. I did'nt have a problem with mine.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried it on my truck first then put it back to stock...But I cant figure out how to re-read another truck...I do not need it to read my truck any longer just my brothers 06....If there was just a way to clear it again like it was when I recieved it that would be great...I called Dennis a few times Friday and he was quite busy...(Imagine that)..LOL....So I was just wondering if anyone else knew what to do...thanks for the replies....

·
Senior Member, on a stick
265 Posts
fordt said:
me dont think so
I agree with fordt on this, once you have read and flashed one truck, reloading your stock tune is just like flashing any of the other five tunes. The programmer neither knows nor cares which one you load.

·
4,318 Posts
fordt said:
me dont think so
I did it. Dennis walked me through it... Its as simple as re-reading the truck. Once your back to stock, you hit the read function, and your on. The bullets apply to having 2 trucks flashed at once.

Maybe I have a "special" box?

·
Window Licker
781 Posts
PSDPlayer said:
So, when you go back to stock. You don't really go back to stock? How does that work if you had to go to the dealer?
From what I 've read and heard it is like the SCT it keeps a copy of your stock program in the tuner. At first I thought the same thing about the SCT but it returned it back to stock. By the way have you EVER got anything for me as in tunes???

·
Finger Lickin GOOD!!!
277 Posts
PSDPlayer said:
So, when you go back to stock. You don't really go back to stock? How does that work if you had to go to the dealer?
It does go back if its done correctly.Then you can read your brothers truck.You should have lights 6,7 lit up and then hit the left button and that will return it back to stock. and then get 5,6,7 to read the stock file. If you have question call TS at 270-746-9999

1 - 11 of 11 Posts