The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Underpressure76nm
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havin trouble guys need help my truck got a 2285 code before it died a week later, took it apart oil cooler was plugged, it used to start if hot outside but not cold,,,did egr delete while in there,replaced oil cooler and gaskets ect, rebuilt ipr, scanguage reads icp good ficm dropped to 22 while cranking, but got no ipr reading the ipr screen was off when I pulled it out but clean no debri,,,,need help

·
1,213 Posts
Are you getting FICM sync?

Reactions: UnderpressureNM

·
Underpressure76nm
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank u for the reply and yes it did sync

·
3,051 Posts
"ficm dropped to 22 while cranking"

If your only getting 22v while cranking, thats an issue with the FICM right there, needs repair.

If you have over 500psi ICP, then your IPR should be in the ballpark at the very least, even though your not getting a reading...could be an issue with the ScanGauge, maybe it lost memory for that reading, try reloading the IPR coding into the ScanGauge.

When my original ficm died, it dropped to 24v and would not start.

Harry

·
3,051 Posts
Not sure if I'm misreading your post. But anyhow, if your still getting a P2285 fault and have no IPR reading, then...

1. you have a bad IPR

2. you have bad or chaffed wiring

Harry

·
Underpressure76nm
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply,,,I sent the ficm out should have it in a day or two even put brand new batteries in, but the icp pressure was good it did sync up, will the ipr keep it from starting I rebuilt it but the poppet or whatever didn't shake to freely after a can of wd40,,,
:bdh

Reactions: harry6.0

·
Underpressure76nm
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wires look good ,,,
No oil ,,,also no codes

·
3,051 Posts
Yes, a faulty IPR can keep it from starting, but wait till you get your repaired ficm installed before going any further.

Harry

·
Underpressure76nm
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Harry they called this morning they said it needed a half shell repair so I'm waiting to get it back,,,they tested it on their truck before sending it back and it wasn't good enough after he did whatever to it,,,,appreciate ur help I sent it to ,,ficm fixer,,in Texas so well see how it goes,,,:goodvsevil

Reactions: harry6.0

·
Underpressure76nm
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Harry I got the ficm on and I have it idling,,(which is great) but it died after about two minutes lots of smoke black at first then grey,,,,now it sounds like I have no boost the scanguage reads0.8. ?,,,,I hear a whirring sound at idle not loud but there? But no power seems like,,,,,after revving it after a few minutes it sounded good but is huffing then died?

·
Underpressure76nm
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now no start,

·
Underpressure76nm
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Icp pressure zero all of a sudden,,,unplugged icp got 600 now nothing plugged back in your helps appreciated......

·
Underpressure76nm
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now no icp pressure unplugged icp still no start,,,

·
Underpressure76nm
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Harry? I'm stuck again

Got ipr at 84.7 cranking but no icp after a few minutes of idling,,,,,,

·
3,051 Posts
Got ipr at 84.7 cranking but no icp after a few minutes of idling,,,,,,
Ok, your IPR is maxed out in the closed position at 84-85% in an attempt to build ICP pressure which is 0.

1. you may a have a severe high pressure oil leak or failed pump

2. you may have no low pressure-oil pressure...check if the oil pressure gauge in the dash moves at all while cranking...it only takes 5-7psi to give a reading.

Harry

·
Underpressure76nm
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
While cranking the oil filter housing filled like normal,,,it was running ok but once it shut down no pressure on dash and icp just went to zero,,,so I guess I rebuilt the ipr properly and it's a leak like you said or the pump,,thanks a lot Harry,,appreciate your help! I can't believe it, so no need removing the ipr it's working?

·
3,051 Posts
I appears your IPR is working as should, as it is reacting to the condition at hand by trying to close and build high pressure oil. 84-85% is maxed out in the closed position, but I can't say for sure it's mechanically moving, it's still a possibility it's malfunctioning mechanically, but electrically it is reacting properly.

Not sure if your truck is an early or late model 04'. If it's a late model, then the ICP sensor is sticking out the top of the passenger side valve cover. If this is the case, then you can easily do an air pressure test by removing the sensor and blowing compressed air into the high pressure oil rail after shutting off the IPR with a tool like this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Otc-Tools-6764-Ford-6-0L-Ipr-Controller-/191165014607?hash=item2c8252a24f&item=191165014607&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

Also, if your truck is a late model 04' then it's most likely the STC fitting on the HPOP failed.

FICM won't fire the injectors unless it see's 500psi ICP.

Hang in there, as this must be frustrating, but if you have low pressure pump pressure, then thats a very good sign, and your issue is very likely high pressure oil leak related.

Harry

·
Underpressure76nm
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
harry

How can I send u a video of it running right before it died I'm hoping it's not the pump it was running..but it's not letting me attach a clip to show you on here my number is 505 901 0199 if u can tex me I'll send u the video this morning I got 12 for ice pressure cranking no dash pressure ipr the same I'm worried I won't get it I have no shop air and broke...maybe I can buy a new ipr..maybe on a budget bad...

·
Underpressure76nm
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update

Harry I know I bug u like crazy but I played with the ipr connection and I got 962 icp and 54.7 ipr,,,the connection is good I thought no oil not broken,,,,what should I try also the oil pressure on gauge went up normaly, , , , ?:help thank u sir for ur advice,,,

·
3,051 Posts
Harry I know I bug u like crazy but I played with the ipr connection and I got 962 icp and 54.7 ipr,,,the connection is good I thought no oil not broken,,,,what should I try also the oil pressure on gauge went up normaly, , , , ?:help thank u sir for ur advice,,,
Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, have a daytime job that takes up my time and can't get back on here til later or early a.m.

So anyhow, now that you have these readings, does the engine now start?

It should run with IPR 54.7 and ICP 962 if the readings are actual and sound.

Now I'm starting to think you may have a engine wiring harness or bad connector issue. Take a look in the stickies section for wire chaffing locations on the top of this 6.0L forum.

Harry

1 - 20 of 27 Posts