44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the best 190ish injectors from the perspective of:
1. Reliability
2. Warranty
3. Service
4. Performance
5. Price

Ready to buy and would appreciate input.
Thanks.

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
ive heard alot of hype about the new 8 hole nozzles giving mpg gains. that being said casserly and rcd have a strong following

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
On Feb. 1, I will be having Josh at RCD put a set of 155's in my truck.

·
3,306 Posts
I have casserly 190's and so far so good

·
2,106 Posts
he didnt buy them from RCD, he is the second owner, and i believe they are a year old or close to it....
(strokerdude not stepping on toes here i hope :happymugs
Then let me answer the question like I was gonna do as soon as I got home. Not mad at you, but please give ME the chance to answer, especially since you are not Josh or the person I bought the injectors from.

I am the second owner of the injectors, they were hardly used at all. In fact when I was in the market, Josh reccomended that I buy them from the person I did, I will have to see if I can find that message. I developed stiction problems within four months of them being in my truck and at that time messaged Josh and he said I would need to pay injector shop time at $90/hr but haven't been able to get the time or money to be able to send them off... I do construction, so when I have time I have no money, and when I have money I have no time. I have not tried to negotiate with him to warranty as I was not ready, even though I think that since the injectors were problematic within six months of being done I think he should make a real good deal. But like I said, I have not tried to negotiate as I was am not able to afford anything right now.

On edit: Went thru my messages, Got the injectors about April 26, 2009, the person I bought them from had them in his truck for less than a week.... I messaged Josh about my problem August 9, 2009.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
anyone running hypermax 190s? how about elite injectors?

·
2,106 Posts
The shop I use reccomended Hypermax, said those are the best.... I have heard lots of good about Casserly..... I had heard lots of good about RCD..... Pensecola injectors (nozzle upgrade only is all they offer) are complete junk.

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
I developed stiction problems within four months of them being in my truck .
This is a good topic here and i would say this about any injector builder (nor am i defending anyone because there is nothing for me to defend)

for those reading that dont know a stiction problem is when the spool valves actually stick due to debree in the spool valve,dirty or thick oil, or simply a bad spool valve..

so in my mind sticktion If not an issue within the first few weeks it is because the oil change interval was prollong (which we all no could never happen LOL )
It could be caused by any debree produced from inside the motor also (example a hpop issue causing debree)

or could be caused by the oil being to thick in cold weather...(this is why they created the the latest inductive heating flash soley for those running think oil in winter months)

like said this is just a discussion has nothing to do with any brand or even a performance injector...curious to see what others think :read

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
anyone running hypermax 190s? how about elite injectors?
there used to be two guys on here running hypermax's one had there 150s i think and loved them with no issues and the other was JPcustoms but had some issues...but there was a lot more than injector issues with his motor also..thats why he has a cummins in it now LOL
I think both Shawn and Tyler run hypermax injectors also

·
2,106 Posts
This is a good topic here and i would say this about any injector builder (nor am i defending anyone because there is nothing for me to defend)

for those reading that dont know a stiction problem is when the spool valves actually stick due to debree in the spool valve,dirty or thick oil, or simply a bad spool valve..

so in my mind sticktion If not an issue within the first few weeks it is because the oil change interval was prollong (which we all no could never happen LOL )
It could be caused by any debree produced from inside the motor also (example a hpop issue causing debree)

or could be caused by the oil being to thick in cold weather...(this is why they created the the latest inductive heating flash soley for those running think oil in winter months)

like said this is just a discussion has nothing to do with any brand or even a performance injector...curious to see what others think :read
Or the possibility of the spool valve not being cleaned up/checked out when the injectors were built.

And in my case it WAS NOT because of prolonged oil change inteval, even with the previous owner of the injectors, a week is not long enough for any normal person to put on enough miles to call it a prolonged oil change interval.

And in my case most definately NOT because of cold oil. Temps were between 90 and 118 every day from when they got installed to the day the problem developed.

Brentos - RCD's OFFICIAL SPOKESPERSON in other words :cheerleader:cheerleader HAS NOT SUCCEEDED in explaining away the problem with my injectors.

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
Or the possibility of the spool valve not being cleaned up/checked out when the injectors were built.

And in my case it WAS NOT because of prolonged oil change inteval, even with the previous owner of the injectors, a week is not long enough for any normal person to put on enough miles to call it a prolonged oil change interval.

And in my case most definately NOT because of cold oil. Temps were between 90 and 118 every day from when they got installed to the day the problem developed.

Brentos - RCD's OFFICIAL SPOKESPERSON in other words :cheerleader:cheerleader HAS NOT SUCCEEDED in explaining away the problem with my injectors.
i knew you couldnt resist :bash
anyway i started a thread on PSN on the same subject cause its a good topic...like i said before i wasnt trying to rule out that the injectors were bad i dont honestly care, every builder has issues eventually....

·
2,106 Posts
i knew you couldnt resist :bash
you mean resist defending myself againt you trying to make me look like a dumb*****????? You damn well better believe and expect it!

It is a good topic and you did present some good info, my problem with it is that you did it with what seemed to be an alterior motive.

BTW other RCD customers have contacted me out of the blue, asking if I had the same problems as them... that seems to be getting more and more common.

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
Your still not hurting my feelings... I could go on and on about other brand injector issues..some i looked at today LOL

Either way even if ya go somewhere else hope ya get it fixed cause i hate seeing a bad running 6.0 they get enough crap talked about them in stock form :thumbsup

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
BTW other RCD customers have contacted me out of the blue, asking if I had the same problems as them... that seems to be getting more and more common.
When I took my truck up to RCD for headstuds/gaskets, I had a BAD case of stiction... Bad enough that the truck would sometimes stall out on the first start up. Josh ended up taking my injectors apart and cleaned the spool valves while he was waiting on the machine shop to finish the heads (he said he did it because he just couldn't let it leave the shop running like that).. That was late March of last year. To date, I have no stiction related issues since (knocking on wood).

Understand, I am not discounting your problem. I am positive you are having a problem and are wanting a solution. Nor am I saying that Josh is infallible (he is after all human). But since he didn't even charge me for cleaning the spool valves on a set of injectors he did not sell (stockers), I find it really hard to believe that he would have intentionally overlooked dirty spool valves on some he built......

·
2,106 Posts
When I took my truck up to RCD for headstuds/gaskets, I had a BAD case of stiction... Bad enough that the truck would sometimes stall out on the first start up. Josh ended up taking my injectors apart and cleaned the spool valves while he was waiting on the machine shop to finish the heads.. That was late March of last year. To date, I have no stiction related issues since (knocking on wood).

Understand, I am not discounting your problem. I am positive you are having a problem and are wanting a solution. Nor am I saying that Josh is infallible (he is after all human). But since he didn't even charge me for cleaning the spool valves on my injectors (he said he did it because he just couldn't let it leave the shop running like that), I find it really hard to believe that he would have intentionally overlooked dirty spool valves......
I comepletely understand and appreciate that way that you are approaching this. I'm not nor did I never mean to imply that Josh would not fix the issue. I also was not trying to say that Josh would have intentionally overlooked spool valves. Brent got me kinda fired up about this with the way he replied about my post.

·
149 Posts
if your having stiction problem with your injectors and you keep running them want this cause more problems and damage??? just asking

1 - 20 of 38 Posts