The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys :happymugs

My buddy just got a 02 Dmax with only 42K on it. He is looking to program that bad boy. Said he wants more mileage.. haha we all know how that works..:goodvsevil So whats the best tuner for these guys? And any other input on it would be great... small cheap/free mods, ect. Thanks everyone.

:usflag:usflag

Ian

·
1,409 Posts
PPE or EFI live. Does he want to build the tranny right away? If he plans on keeping the truck EFI is probably the best tool. What other plans does he have?

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well he is still in college and is a master student..DEBT! lol...I KNOW he doesn't want to build the tranny, atleast not until he really gets the bug haha... He just got it a about a week ago...PPE eh... can you give me a price range? Are these custom tuning deals. I mean I only know about the tunes for SCT on my 6.0.

EFI will take the tranny out pretty quick?

Any cheap mods? Shim pumps, CCV, silencer ring, ect....

·
3,939 Posts
Any programmer over +100hp will eventually take the stock tranny out. Tell him to be careful not to get power happy on the 4-5 upshift. Thats where the limp starts, and it progresses from there.

PPE is the best handheld out there IMO. Quad makes some really nice programs too. Predator is also very good.
I think theres a PPE for sale here.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm.. I have a predator collecting dust for my 6.0. You think I could give it to him and he could have it reflased... its a handheld style also..Predator was basicly the worse thing to happen to the 6.0. They have it straightened out on the Dmax?

·
3,939 Posts
You have to call them to ask if the tuner can be reflashed. Yes, Diablosport had some of the best mileage programs out there for the Dmax before EFILive came online. Their perfromance programs were very good too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts