The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 6.0 Powerstoke 6-speed. All I hear about is the SCT, but Ive also heard about tranny troubles with them, but I have a 6-speed so Im not worried about that. So Im pretty interested in SCT. Ive also looked at PPE, how are they? I also have a friend with an Edge Juice Platnium for only $500, and another friend with a Superchip for only $250. I know they will all give me good power output but I love smoke, will they all give me good smoke with a straight pipe? What should I do? P.S. Im on a tight budget.

·
342 Posts
SMOKE!

Yeah, if I wanted all my fuel to go out the tailpipe I would get a custom program....LOL

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
Lariat Trucker said:
SMOKE!

Yeah, if I wanted all my fuel to go out the tailpipe I would get a custom program....LOL
or tons of power to wheels...........SCT!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Lariat Trucker said:
SMOKE!

If my memory serves me right, my Power Pup is one of my smokiest programmers I own, and it is far from the fastest LOL Oh, and I did the update recently, still smokey LOL

So guess you should quit taking things out of context. :poke: Bannon stated he wanted smoke, all that requires is adjusting the file to not limit fuel based on boost. This is even an option on the Edge.

Not that the Bully Dog is not a good unit (I like it on the common rail dodges) but it would never be my first choice for the 6.0L.

Just the simple truth

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
that's the thing about the sct, it can be made to do what YOU want. If you like tons of smoke, we can do it, if you like NO SMOKE we can do it, from just a mild power increas to maximum power the sct can do it. another plus is if you do injectors or a turbo later down the road the sct can be tuned for the pugrades
robert

·
6,337 Posts
Lariat Trucker said:
SMOKE!

Blah Blah Blah... If I wanted to go slow I would run Bully puppy...

A custom tuned SCT has the best tranny controls, best adjustably, data logging, and SMOKE, IF you want it!!!

·
342 Posts
CSIPSD, all those mods and just 363 HP? Your a great example for how not to spend your $$$....LOL

It's all good!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Nice thing about a custom SCT tune is you can have it behave normal say up to 1/4 throttle and smoke the rest of the way...or not smoke at all except wot..or chain smoke like my uncle Bob...it's up to you....and when you get tired of the smoke have them throw in some more boost to clean it up and haul ***....Then If you really want smoke get a set of Tadd's (Elite diesel) injectors .....
jschall

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
bannon_500 said:
I have a 2003 6.0 Powerstoke 6-speed. All I hear about is the SCT, but Ive also heard about tranny troubles with them, but I have a 6-speed so Im not worried about that. So Im pretty interested in SCT.

P.S. Im on a tight budget.
The founder, and technical/tuning "god" of SCT is a former Ford powertrain engineer, transmission specifically, so if someone says that an SCT program wil hurt the trans, or their trans failed BECAUSE of an SCT program, I will call BS on that.

"J" knows Ford A/Ts better than anyone, h#ll, even people that still work at Ford on transmission openly admit that he's the BEST.

If you are on a limited budget, then you (like most of us) can only afford to do this once, and so it had better be right the first time.

While I cannot promis you that an SCT programmer would please you more than any other product, I can say that it would be the most custom tailorable by far.

·
6,337 Posts
Lariat Trucker said:
CSIPSD, all those mods and just 363 HP? Your a great example for how not to spend your $$$....LOL

It's all good!
Well lets see... Find me another 7.3 on stock injectors that put down more then that:Thumbup: ... Hummm you will be looking for a bit but I will wait:poke: .... And with a bullycrap I would still be around 325-330... IF THATLOL !!!

I know where I have wasted money... On the Superchips tuner, the bully puppy:damnit tuner and a Hypercrap...

I do know a SCT will beat ANYTHING on the market for HP, TQ, Tuneability, and end user option's:Thumbup: ...

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
Just pull an IC hose off, that ought to give you lots of smoke!LOL LOL LOL :usflag :mafia :usflag

Smoke is wasted go.

LargeCar:usflag :mafia :usflag

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
Lariat Trucker said:

It's all good!
If you take out the cash he has invested in gauges and look at whats left Joe is making some good HP per $'s invested.

·
6,337 Posts
wastedwagesracing said:
If you take out the cash he has invested in gauges and look at whats left Joe is making some good HP per $'s invested.

About 70hp more then if I was running bully-crap...LOL LOL LOL :Thumbup:

·
680 Posts
wastedwagesracing said:

I know this is off topic but I gotta ask. CSIPSD, 11 gauges cause ya like gauges. List what there for.

·
6,337 Posts
350ford said:
I know this is off topic but I gotta ask. CSIPSD, 11 gauges cause ya like gauges. List what there for.

There will be 12 in a few weeks...

Quad A pillar-left pyro, right pyro, boost pressure, manifold pressure

Quad overhead-fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp.

Quad around stock bezel-tranny (drive oil) pressure, tranny temp, volts, fuel level (100g tank)

Might add- under dash pod, intake air temp, water pressure (water injection) and HPO...

Attachments

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
Poor passenger is bored to death, nothing to look at but the scenery, give them a break, put some gauges on their A piller as well.LOL LOL LOL

Maybe Baro, temp and humidity!!!

LargeCar:usflag :mafia :usflag

1 - 20 of 26 Posts