The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved the SCT in the mail today and promeptly went to the truck to try it out... My first impressions were that this thing is built well and the buttons are crisp. The LCD screen is very clear and easy to read. The instuctions are fool proof and the unit is the fastest programer I have ever seen!

I ordered up 3 tunes (Performance, Light Towing, and Heavy Towing) I have tried them all and I am suprised how nice and fast the tranny adapts to each.

The Performance tune gives you a very nice petal... You only need the top 1/4 and if you get a little to deep into it from the start, it will spin the tires.. A nice suprise.

I tried out the light towing and heavy towing tunes while towing the boat around.. 7,000 pounds... and it turned that motor into a little torque dog compared to stock!

I have been reading about these tuners for some time now wondering if they are any different from the other programers out there... And they are... I can not say enough about the buttons... While others leave you guessing if the button was pushed, this one gives you confidence in each push. The screen and completion of operations are flawless.. and the units ability to hook up to a labtop with free downloaded fsoftware is unmatched. I have not had the time to data log yet, but this feature excites me to be able to see whats happening, and be able to tweek any other mods to mesh with the custom tunes, or have then tweeked as needed...

Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
One other nice thing about the SCT is the ability to grow with the programmer. In my discussions with Brian, he told me that he trades trucks quite often and he was concerned about not damaging anything and the ability to return it to stock with no unusual damage or signs it had been modded. This is one desire that can be completely fulfilled with the SCT.

If Brian decided to keep this vehicle we can continually add to the programmer.... sky's the limit!!! We have the ability to build full out race tunes to no-weight-limit tow tunes.

For example if Brian would call me up tomorrow and say.... " I am going to keep this truck forever and build a Full-Blown Drag truck( :evil: :evil: ). He doesn't have to change tuners. We can use the SCT.

Even if he called me up and said" I have just sold my truck and bought an 01 7.3... We can use the same tuner and write custom programs. That is the beauty of this tuner.

If anyone ahs any questions regarding the SCT please PM me or call 217-304-3376.
Thanks Again Brian :Thumbup: :rockon:

BTW Brian is :smoke: :smoke: NOW !!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
1,000 ftlbs of torque is pretty cool, but I am looking for a tuner that gives max fuel milage. How is the SCT tuner for this and how does it max milage?

·
Registered
784 Posts
We can completely custom tune the box for YOU :Thumbup: You tell us how you use your truck. Basically give us three diff. scenarios on how you use the truck. For Example:

Program 1: Setup for maximum economy, no hard driving trying to get the most "bang for the buck" but has now towing restrictions... improve shifting.

Program 2: Heavy tow file... extra bottom end torque for getting load moving, extra trans. protection.

Program 3: Fun file, higher horsepower without compromising motor or tranny.

This is an example of the average box that I tune for most customers. Now we can also offer one off race programs or extreme towing files or a mild street file. Just give us the three main scenarios of your trucks use and we will program accordingly.

If you have any other questions please give us a call.

Thanks,
Jason :Thumbup: :evil:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jason, can you email tunes or would I have to send the tuner back to you? I have an XCal with Innovative Extreme - I'm very happy with it, but I'm thinking of trying out one of your tunes as well.

BTW, thanks to Choke for getting booted, so i could find this new site. And thanks to Nummit for pointing me here
:thanks:

·
2,691 Posts
No problem
I guess you were one of the few who saw my post to pm about this place before it somehow vanished

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep, it didn't last long :evil:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Arokcrwlr said:
Jason, can you email tunes or would I have to send the tuner back to you? I have an XCal with Innovative Extreme - I'm very happy with it, but I'm thinking of trying out one of your tunes as well.

BTW, thanks to Choke for getting booted, so i could find this new site. And thanks to Nummit for pointing me here
:thanks:
No problem! ... I was hating that place anyways, they do no practice a normal human forum envorioment. The build you with fear that if you post the wrong thing, or talk about the wrong stuff, then you get banned and deleted.
I dont think a board running as long as they have, should resort to those tactics. I feel LarryM's tone in his recent post has changed to a grudge oriented one, not that of a mod, and no one knows better, so they dont know were to reside and stay there putting up with their crap! This place might be small and growing, but you will never get a warning about discussing yanking out your EGR, or cat, or little less locking your threads when they dont want it to go on from the point they think it looks good, just like eliminating post quickly without warning to its starter so he/she can change it if it's against the rules, an email like this you'll never get from here:

>From: Jason Lester <[email protected]>
>To: <[email protected]>
>CC: <[email protected]>
>Subject: TDS Forum Conduct
>Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:02:38 -0400
>
>I have warned you about the videos and specially the modifications,
we have vendors which we have to tendor to because they pay us, and they are complaining.
If you continue to stir up trouble on the site, we will ban your account and
remove all your posts.
>

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am tweaking my programing a little with john soon... and all he is going to do is send an attachment in an e mail.... then it will load up... that is way too cool...

Choke.. I should not say this... but all I can think about in yourabove post is the soup natzi from seinfeld...LOL... no tsd for you...LOL..

Sorry, thats hat lack of sleep will do to you..

·
AKA - FFpsd
1,531 Posts
I just got off the phone with Jason From Biavaperformance. Great guy, helped me out alot to understand some things. He was trying to help me find my sticker on the cpu. I looked everywere, then found it. It fell off and was laying basically ontop of my wheel well. When I pull battery tray out to get it I will finally get my SCT. :popcorn: Till then I dream of Black Smoke :poke:

Thanks Jason,

FFpsd

·
Registered
1 Posts
new to all this diesel tech and just trying to figure out which exhaust best matches with the SCT along with which air intake, for all out drag.

·
422 Posts
Is there a website for these SCT tunes?

·
1,171 Posts
There are several vendors the sell the SCT Xcat 2. All of them have great tunes. I have tune fron Innovative Diesel. Keith

1 - 17 of 17 Posts