The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like we are getting a lot of 6.0 members so I figured I would post a pic of underhood pics showing where a lot of the items are. If you see something that needs added just let me know and I will add it. :Thumbup:

The 2nd pic is of the fuel filter and drain that is found mounted inside the frame rail just underneath of the drivers seat.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Good looking out hh.:Thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Thanks! :Thumbup:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
thanks bud!
 

·
Junior Member
Joined
·
35 Posts
hi guys and gals: my 2005 f250 owners manual shows a lever that needs to be turned to drain the water from the fuel filter, but there is no such lever. your picture is what i have on my truck.
muchas gracias for turning on the light!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes just let it keep draining.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts


HEY GUYS ALSO IF YOU STIRP YOUR DRAIN PLUG LIKE I DID TRY THIS.
IH #2589259C91 FORD #6E7Z-9C082-A ABOUT $16.00 SWEET PIECE!::Thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
hhrecovery said:
yes just let it keep draining.
So, how much fuel drains before it's ready to go? I've read that the fuller the fuel tank, the more that will drain. The first time I did my filter, the tank was nearly empty and the drain-off was kinda' quick. Now I wonder if the fuller tank drain-off is going to drown me.:shrug:
 

·
Junior Member
Joined
·
35 Posts
Water Drain

sonnyy13n said:
hi guys and gals: my 2005 f250 owners manual shows a lever that needs to be turned to drain the water from the fuel filter, but there is no such lever. your picture is what i have on my truck.
muchas gracias for turning on the light!!!
owners manual printed 12/2004. truck built 03/2005 you would think that if they changed things the owners manual would be updated, but i guess with the cost of printing these days, they have to save money every way they can.

sonny
 

·
Junior Member
Joined
·
35 Posts
no drowning allowed

ozx3+1 said:
So, how much fuel drains before it's ready to go? I've read that the fuller the fuel tank, the more that will drain. The first time I did my filter, the tank was nearly empty and the drain-off was kinda' quick. Now I wonder if the fuller tank drain-off is going to drown me.:shrug:
nope won't drown you. with a full 38 gallon tank, its about 8 ounces of fuel coming out until it stops.

sonny
 

·
Member
Joined
·
86 Posts
That is a big help! 6mm Allen wrench makes it easy not to have to try 10 Allen wrenches before I found the right one. Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
V8 OILBURNER said:


HEY GUYS ALSO IF YOU STIRP YOUR DRAIN PLUG LIKE I DID TRY THIS.
IH #2589259C91 FORD #6E7Z-9C082-A ABOUT $16.00 SWEET PIECE!::Thumbup:

How did you get it out after you stripped it??
:)

dave
 
1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Top