The Diesel Garage banner

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
ON the newer trucks they changed the 6mm plug to a cap, heard that alot of the plugs where getting striped out(that would just ******) can the cap be ordered to fit in place of the plug. since this is a basic service job all owners must do. also how often are most of you doing a drain off.

·
49 Posts
Thanks for the help Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Draining the HFCM

Does anyone know of an aftermarket plug or "quick change" fitting for the HFCM drain plug? I can just see me a 100 miles from home, with a suit & tie on under the truck trying to drain water out of the unit. What was the thinking of taking such a simple task and making it so difficult?

Thanks,

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks

Thanks for the info. I looked for a while for a non-existent lever. :damnit

·
Registered
228 Posts
how often should you do a drain off???

·
Sumo Blue
527 Posts
I change my fuel filters every 10k miles and drain the HFCM at that time. Knock on wood, I haven't had any water in my fuel to the point where the truck was running poorly so I haven't had to drain in between my filter changes.

The short answer: with every fuel filter change and when your water in fuel light comes on.

--Snake

Reactions: jdieselpower

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just a Newbie

I just got my first diesel and know nothing about them. So I will be lurging in the shawdows of the forms. I also need a post to see the pic's

DieselGSP

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the pics!

·
tnutz
37 Posts
Do you guys Know of any after market drain lever to replace the allen plug. The allen plug froze up and couldn't get it open with 6mm allen ended up starting to get stripped out. Very stupid design thanks FoRd drive shaft right in the way hard to get allen all the way in. This is on a work truck on my 7.3 the drain valve in valley is much easyer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello

hello new guy getting his first post.just bought an 06 king ranch crew cab and it is the bomb.

21 - 40 of 109 Posts