The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 nights ago I had my friend call up 2 of his friends with tuned Dmaxs. One is an 06 and one an 07. Raced the one with the Banks first, It was dead even up until about 60 then I pulled about 2 truck lenghts. He said he ran a 13.8 and he was a little upset with my tune only truck with stock exhaust that pulled on his. Then the other kid had an EFI Live and I pulled about 1 truck length on him, he said he ran a 13.5. Makes me a little happy, I think I got a good running 6.0. Wouldve thought that the EFI Live tuned Dmax wouldve pulled on me. But anyways it was fun. :smoke

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Makes me think that the Dmax drivers can't drive. I thought those Dmaxes where faster then our 6.0's. Am I mistaken?

·
Registered
505 Posts
jdydiesel said:
Makes me think that the Dmax drivers can't drive. I thought those Dmaxes where faster then our 6.0's. Am I mistaken?
yeah those guys dont know how to drive:pointlaugh

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
dmaxvaz said:
yeah those guys dont know how to drive:pointlaugh
:rolleyes: How hard is it to put the the truck in 4 wheel high and build boost?

Good Kill! :ford :usflag

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Mlhaynes8302 said:

I agree, one would think this is a fairly simple feat to accomplish ay? lol

·
3,939 Posts
jdydiesel said:
I agree. The kids didnt know how to drive their trucks.

Mlhaynes8302 said:

My bet is they didnt run them that way. I also think they overestimated their trucks. Banks stuff isnt all that great. The EFILive tuned truck...depends on the tune.

Those SCT tunes are pretty good, eh? Dieselkid must have an "overachiever"...not a bad kill.

·
Chitowns Biggest Baller
517 Posts
TheBac said:
I agree. The kids didnt know how to drive their trucks.

My bet is they didnt run them that way. I also think they overestimated their trucks. Banks stuff isnt all that great. The EFILive tuned truck...depends on the tune.

Those SCT tunes are pretty good, eh? Dieselkid must have an "overachiever"...not a bad kill.

well the Truck with the EFI, live has went 13.5 at the track and has a built ATS trans, so I would say the the dmax is headed in the right direction, Bottom line the ford out ran the chevy, I no, because I was there.

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
LOL Crappy tune and bad drive, But a win is a win.

·
1,649 Posts
dang they just wont let us ford guys live up a good kill eh??? owell whatev...you ever notcie at a truck pull if a ford wins the points or alot of pulls all the chev guys want the rules changed or truck to be tore down and inspected.......talk about sore losers....owell good kill

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice Kill man!!

·
1,705 Posts
Great kills definately but they evidently don't have a hot tune in or something cause EFI makes big power when tuned right. I've beat numerous SCT tuned 6.0's with built trannies. I pulled on an 06 with a sct and injectors with just EFI. I have friends with sct tuned 6.0's that have beat me. Depends on the driver,day and tune. I have a 6spd and they all were auto's.

Now to you Ford guys that are wining :poke: . A 6.0 can be made fast but it takes a few more $$$$ than a D-Max. .

DieselKid said:
2 nights ago I had my friend call up 2 of his friends with tuned Dmaxs. One is an 06 and one an 07. Raced the one with the Banks first, It was dead even up until about 60 then I pulled about 2 truck lenghts. He said he ran a 13.8 and he was a little upset with my tune only truck with stock exhaust that pulled on his. Then the other kid had an EFI Live and I pulled about 1 truck length on him, he said he ran a 13.5. Makes me a little happy, I think I got a good running 6.0. Wouldve thought that the EFI Live tuned Dmax wouldve pulled on me. But anyways it was fun. :smoke

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
01duramax6spd said:
Great kills definately but they evidently don't have a hot tune in or something cause EFI makes big power when tuned right. I've beat numerous SCT tuned 6.0's with built trannies. I pulled on an 06 with a sct and injectors with just EFI. I have friends with sct tuned 6.0's that have beat me. Depends on the driver,day and tune. I have a 6spd and they all were auto's.

Now to you Ford guys that are wining :poke: . A 6.0 can be made fast but it takes a few more $$$$ than a D-Max. .

Wow somebody is a little bit insecure. I said I beat a truck with EFI live that ran a 13.5. I didnt say my mid to low 13 second truck beat a dmax with EFI Live hot tune that probly runs high 12's. :poke:

·
2,035 Posts
I think a 13.5 is about as hot as you can run an EFI live on a Dmax without a built tranny...anything past that level I think the tranny would take a dump.

·
46 Posts
DieselKid said:

Cough cough :chevy

·
2,035 Posts
You also never know with what these guys claim...the guy I ran with EFI live swore all kinda stuff. If his truck would have done half the things he claimed he would have beat me by about 10 truck lengths...in reality he lost.

I've seen guys out at the track saying they were going to run 13's plenty of time only to get on the track and run 15's...stuff happens I guess.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They probably didn't want to break daddy's truck and well a race is a race a wins a win. Alot a guys talk about what they wish they had. So anyways NICE KILL

1 - 20 of 43 Posts