The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any noticable benefit to switching to the 6.0 CAC?

·
6,337 Posts
I saw little if anything... Not worth it IMHO... But some have had ok luck with it... If you can get it for cheap or free then do it... If not, keep saving for a Sperco...

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm, reason i ask is i think my plastic end tanks have called it quits and wont hold past 27lbs of boost, i see a few aluminum end tank 7.3 ICs around forsale for cheap i think i migh just go with that

·
0 Posts
there is a member here...Fiona250PSD I think...who fabbed up a 6L CAC with aluminum end tanks. Maybe he can do another for you.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm i can get a brand new 6.0 IC for 260 bucks or a brand new alu end tank 7.3 IC for 290 from the dealership i work at. i hate having access to the parts department lol, the gears start turnin then its to tempting

·
6,337 Posts
Again... Plastic End tanks here and over 40# boost... Should be 45#'s with the new motor...

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
was it you that had the end tanks leaking before?

·
6,337 Posts
I thought it was... But it endded up being a boot...

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
which one?

·
6,337 Posts
Passanger side by the IC, it was on the bottom so I never saw it...

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm, im gonna have to build or buy a leak down tester

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
I have a friend that is putting a banks intercooler in his '06 6.0. he told me that when he gets his new one in he wants me to sell his old one. he said he wants $150 plus shipping. Its only got about 20K on it. its gonna be about a week-week 1/2 before he is ready to sell it but if your interest let me know.

~Jim

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tell him 150 shipped

1 - 16 of 16 Posts