The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pursuit Interceptor
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone build such a toy for the 6.0L? PM pricing/options.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Address your fuel system first and get a guage in it. Once you are good their you are ready for injectors. We've had alot of modified injector failures because of fuel supply issues. Once we get the fuel supply squared away we are good to go. How big do you want to go?

·
Pursuit Interceptor
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an AD100 and larger lines to the front of the heads. Fuel pressure gauge to be installed soon. That setup is more than enough for simply adding larger nozzles. How large do the nozzles get?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I don't think your going to want to perform this by yourself. Problem is you have to pull injector apart and weld the return port shut. You've got to be very careful otherwise the plungers will stick. If you don't modify the injector internally the tip won't deliver more fuel. I should have read you first post more carefully. The Ford Injectors don't work like a Dodge Common Rail there are modifications that need to be made internally. If you injectors are good, you can send yours in and have them modified and have the tips installed. My bad sorry for the long post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts