The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 in the signature below won't start. I just replaced the egr cooler, oil cooler and turbo. WHen assembling I prefilled the oil reservoir. After I was done I was able to get the engine started pretty quickly. Ran for 10 minutes just fine. Shut it off to check fluid levels. Now it won't start. Please help, how do I get it to start????

·
Old Fart
889 Posts
Your FICM (Fuel Injector Control Module) could be going south. Here is how you can check the voltages; www.swampsdiesel.com . I can't paste the address. Look under How to Order a FICM and it will tell you how to check your FICM for 48 volts.

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it could be, but I am not getting any codes and it is one of the upgraded units I bought from FICMrepair.com. I will get the voltages when I get back to the truck.

·
1,324 Posts
Need a scangauge to get some data. Unplug your ICP sensor it's by all the stuff you just changed maybe it died or you damaged it. 500 psi required to start.

Reactions: jdydiesel

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ICP sensor is the one the is the passenger side valve cover correct?

·
3,051 Posts
Yes, it sticks out the top of passenger side valve cover.

1. You may just have a bunch of air in the high pressure oil system, need to hook up battery charger and crank the heck out of it.

2. You may have a high pressure leak? Maybe something didn't seal up properly or came loose during reassembly?

3. Being it started up on the filled oil reservoir, makes me think air is most likely.

Harry

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So how do I get the air out of it? I have cracked it several times until it gives me a TCB fault.

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just tried to start. Spins over very fast and after about 5 seconds, it tries to fire slightly, nowhere near enough to catch and run but at least there is a little life. Now I also got two codes. P0264 Inj Cylinder 2 and P0273 Inj cylinder 5 is what it tells me. Is this my FICM going south again?

·
1,324 Posts
You need to see what FICM voltages are during cranking. SG2 will tell you. You sure you have fuel supply?

·
3,051 Posts
Trailer Brake Controller fault should not be any issue causing a no start.

The injector codes could be a clue....recheck all fuses and connections and make sure FICM is plugged in securely.

Harry

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: Checked the FICM voltage and KOEO voltage is 48 cranking voltage is 47. Pulled the ICP sensor and couldn't see anything stuck in it. At this time I am sending it to the Ford dealer here and have them do the diagnosis. It is unfortunate, but I do not have the tools needed to figure this thing out now.

Hopefully it is something stupid that I missed and it won't cost me much.

Reactions: harry6.0

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update:

Truck went to Ron Dupratt Ford in Dixon Ca for repair. Got a call from the service manager today to tell me the truck was running great. The no start issue ended up being air in the high pressure oil system. The tech "fooled" the ICP sensor and truck fired up. ran for several minutes and reconnected sensor and all was good. Very happy with the service manager and will be writing an email to the dealer management about the great service.

Thank you to all for the help

Reactions: harry6.0
1 - 13 of 13 Posts