The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing whispers that Ford is going with their own diesel ( Volvo I believe) in 2010.
Can anyone verify?

If it is true then you can bet that Ford will do very little, if anything, to address the issues (fuel milage etc.) with the 6.4.
 

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
It's all bull....
 

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
We have heard so much on who's motor and when.......I thought ford was going to build the motor.......so we will see......I hope they build a monster
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
POWER STROKE 99 said:
We have heard so much on who's motor and when.......I thought ford was going to build the motor.......so we will see......I hope they build a monster

From what I understand, Ford has been building diesels in Europe for many, many years.

As I understand it, Ford's contract with Navistar ends in 2010.

It is common knowledge that Ford is VERY unhappy with Navistar's performance of recent years. Especially considering the 6.oooooo chit what did I do motor.
 

·
Truck Toyz
Joined
·
653 Posts
the 6.4 isn't 2010 complaint from what I have heard
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
883 Posts
prfssr said:
Whose motor is it going to be? Sure won't be Internationals :shrug:
Ford is designing the motor.

SAK said:
the 6.4 isn't 2010 complaint from what I have heard
Well curently the the 6.4L isnt compliant to 2010 emmisions legislation but neither is the Duramax LMM. The 6.4L will make 2010 standards.
 

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
I just hope when they decide what they are going to do, it works and works very well.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
324 Posts
I spent some time talking with a electrical engineer that designs some of the electrical components for Ford and he said that in 2010 the contract runs out and that Ford is working on a U.S. version of their own diesel motor for that model year, he has worked with some of the parts design as I learn more or talk to him more I will be sure to let you all know.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
883 Posts
HIGH MILEAGE ELITE said:
I spent some time talking with a electrical engineer that designs some of the electrical components for Ford and he said that in 2010 the contract runs out and that Ford is working on a U.S. version of their own diesel motor for that model year, he has worked with some of the parts design as I learn more or talk to him more I will be sure to let you all know.

I can ensure you that its going to change in 2013, and yes it is ford designed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
BARRY1ME said:
Well curently the the 6.4L isnt compliant to 2010 emmisions legislation but neither is the Duramax LMM. The 6.4L will make 2010 standards.
but on that note the only one of the big three that didnt have to build a all new motor is gm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
duramax3388 said:
but on that note the only one of the big three that didnt have to build a all new motor is gm
cummins didn't build an all new motor . it is just a modified 5.9 (according to cummins).
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
883 Posts
Georgia dawg said:
cummins didn't build an all new motor . it is just a modified 5.9 (according to cummins).
From my understanding its just the 5.9L just bored and stroked.
 

·
'Ol Builder guy
Joined
·
7,051 Posts
BROKER said:
Ford collaberating with Peugeot Diesel...........................
Is that the one being built in England? The "Lion" diesel I think they're calling it?

I can't believe Ford will have 4 different diesel engines in trucks over only a 8 year time period. I can't imagine how much that most cost in engineering, logistics and parts inventory.
 

·
Truck Toyz
Joined
·
653 Posts
BARRY1ME said:
From my understanding its just the 5.9L just bored and stroked.
The 6.4 is just a 6.0 bored out.
 
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Top