The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about purchasing one of these babies but want to do some research first...and would like some incentives!

Does anyone have the navigation system in their vehicle? I see you can not get it in the xlt. Anyone have sirius installed? Where is the antenna located? How about the rear seat dvd player? What are your thoughts on it?

Why would you need the stabilizer package? Are dual alternators or heavy duty ones really necessary?

Can someone give me pics of bodyside molding?

Isnt a block heater where you plug into an outlet to keep the antifreeze warm on cold nights?

What exactly is the rapid heat supplemental cab heater?

Sorry for all the questions but if I am going to spend that kind of money I want to get it done right the first time. Thanks for all your help!

Mike

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
I opted not to have the nav...not really needed i always have map quest...I did get the Audiophile systme though...sirus i didnt get but the antenna is mounted between the 2 clearance lamps on the drivers side of the top of the cab...rear seat dvd player is a rear seat dvd player...

I opted for the camper package as it adds the camper certification...includes all the same things as the stabilizer package...

I kept the stock alternator...dont see a need for anymore for what i will use the truck for...

I opted not to get the bodyside moldings either...my truck will be parked FAR AWAY from anything that can ding it...

Yes, the block heater is to keep your coolant warm for cold winter nights

Supplemental cab heater gets your cab warmer faster..how it works I dont know, but I didnt get it...I will have a remote start so no need...

Hope this helps a little

·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for your input! Are bodyside moldings only for dings? Or do they also make the truck look more accented? Anyone have pics of either the moldings or the sirius?

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
I dont prefer them, but you may...I am more of a less is more type of guy...the less decals, the less emblems, just makes the truck look smoother IMHO

·
Registered
6 Posts
What type of truck are you going to buy? The moldings only come on SRW trucks. The nav only comes on Lariats or King Ranches with the Audiophile stereo. The Sirius sounds great and the antenna is a small black bump on the roof close to the windshield. If you get cab lights it will be in between the two on the driver's side. I got dual alts because that is the way my truck was ordered. I would go with at least one HD alt. The supplemental cab heater is a "toaster" element that heats the cab until the water temp is hot enough for the heater to take over. It is only available with the diesel and you can't run the fan speed very high. It heats the cab up surprisingly fast.

·
393 Posts
mbixler said:
I am thinking about purchasing one of these babies but want to do some research first...and would like some incentives!

Does anyone have the navigation system in their vehicle? I see you can not get it in the xlt. Anyone have sirius installed? Where is the antenna located? How about the rear seat dvd player? What are your thoughts on it?

Why would you need the stabilizer package? Are dual alternators or heavy duty ones really necessary?

Can someone give me pics of bodyside molding?

Isnt a block heater where you plug into an outlet to keep the antifreeze warm on cold nights?

What exactly is the rapid heat supplemental cab heater?

Sorry for all the questions but if I am going to spend that kind of money I want to get it done right the first time. Thanks for all your help!

Mike
I don't know where you live, but my community of around 200,000 has 5 Ford stores within a 20 minute drive. Get out of the house and go look at the new trucks. Pick up a brochure.

What do the body side molding look like? Give us all a break and go do your homework.

This is not the Home Shopping Network!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
996 Posts
here is a pic of my 03 with the bodyside molding, i actually like it on there...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Truckmaniac said:
I don't know where you live, but my community of around 200,000 has 5 Ford stores within a 20 minute drive. Get out of the house and go look at the new trucks. Pick up a brochure.

What do the body side molding look like? Give us all a break and go do your homework.

This is not the Home Shopping Network!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do you have to be like that? Give the guy a break, if you're not going to help him out, at least ignore his post.

·
2,334 Posts
TrailerTrash said:
Why do you have to be like that? Give the guy a break, if you're not going to help him out, at least ignore his post.
X2. this site is here to help people out! maybe he dosent have a dealer close... it is possible. hes asking questions of people that HAVE the truck to get opinions and learn.. theres no need for that attitude anywhere on this site

·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My community has a lot of ford trucks too...however; I visited 5 ford dealerships and saw 2 new trucks! They are just not available in my area yet and the brochure I have doesn’t show them like you would see them in person.

I am opting to get an XLT because I don’t want leather or wood grain (lariat) and don’t like the painted grills on the FX4.

Thanks for everyones help. I will try to do my homework more Truckmaniac but like I said, there isn’t much to look at yet. Sorry if I agitated you.

Mike

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,448 Posts
I'ma firm believer in havin' overkill. The dual alt's are cool because if one goes down, the other automatically kicks in.

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
126 Posts
mbixler said:
My community has a lot of ford trucks too...however; I visited 5 ford dealerships and saw 2 new trucks! They are just not available in my area yet and the brochure I have doesn’t show them like you would see them in person.

I am opting to get an XLT because I don’t want leather or wood grain (lariat) and don’t like the painted grills on the FX4.

Thanks for everyones help. I will try to do my homework more Truckmaniac but like I said, there isn’t much to look at yet. Sorry if I agitated you.

Mike
Coming here and asking questions IS doing your home work. Unless you've ask about something we've beat to death every other topic. Getting info right from the guys who own them is the best source. A salesman, for the most part, is looking out for #1, himself. So go ahead, line 'em up and ask away.

·
2,334 Posts
the only dumb questions are the ones not asked.. i know its an old saying but its true.. because one guy got agitated for no reason whatsoever doesnt mean you cant ask the rest of us that are here to help people those questions.. ask away if you offend or aggitate we will resolve it but dont hold back

·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got a call from the Ford dealership today with the "new incentives", which were the same as they were...$0 off and 5.9% for 60 months! When are they going to offer something?!?!?!

·
Registered
687 Posts
My dad bought his 07 for 0 down and 0 interest and for 10,000 grand less because our dealership here was in a big scramble to get as many 08s on the lot as they could. I think they have about 10 or more now, and they don't stay there long, and Im mad that I have to save for college and be poor......

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
mbixler said:
I just got a call from the Ford dealership today with the "new incentives", which were the same as they were...$0 off and 5.9% for 60 months! When are they going to offer something?!?!?!
You are trying to Buy a 2008 SD in April/May 2007.
If you want Rebates I have 2006 and 2007 Trucks sitting here collecting dust.

FORD has stepped up and sent out $1000 SD Owner Loyalty checks to many New 08 Owners. If you own a 98-2007 SD Ford is giving YOU an extra $1000 OFF (for now)

randy 303 584-6623

·
Registered
91 Posts
The in cab supplemental heater is basically an electric heater that helps heat your cab up faster in cold temps. It works real well I'm told by a friend of mine who works in service. If you order the heater you have to have the heavy duty alternator as well. That's good for me cause I'm installing one of those Warn HD 12000 winches with the compressor built in.

And stabilizer packages are great for handling and reducing sway at highway speeds.

·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was just at the Ford dealership today and they told me straight out not to order one now and wait until July. They said the superdutys are not moving and ford will have to do something to get them to move, especially with the navstar issue. Oh, I also sat in an 07 427 roush mustang!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
mbixler said:
I was just at the Ford dealership today and they told me straight out not to order one now and wait until July. They said the superdutys are not moving and ford will have to do something to get them to move, especially with the navstar issue. Oh, I also sat in an 07 427 roush mustang!!!!!!
WOW, you are misinformed. I have SOLD 40+ 08 SuperDuties and have 30 more on my Lot. I also have 20 with Vin #'s and 10+ in route to Dealer, here in Denver. Getting 3-5 per week picked up in order bank..........

randy 303 584-6623

1 - 20 of 23 Posts