The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone runnning bio-d in there 6.4L in serious amounts? Say like B50???

:popcorn:

·
Strokin' and Smokin'
517 Posts
Anything over B5 shouldn't be run in the 6.4 according to Ford. From what I've heard it mainly has something to do with clogging the DPF too quickly, and I'm sure it might effect other things. I'd be curious to see if someone is running this stuff.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SouthTexasDiese said:
Anything over B5 shouldn't be run in the 6.4 according to Ford. From what I've heard it mainly has something to do with clogging the DPF too quickly, and I'm sure it might effect other things. I'd be curious to see if someone is running this stuff.

I have seen that the recommended limit is B5. Just curious if anyone is running higher concentrations and what the effects might be.

BROKER - :smoke: ???????

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
I don't think there are very many people that would be willing to take that risk...tuners are one thing because they're more fun, but bio-diesel dosen't increase power, so many probably view it as not worth the risk. With that being said, I wish that it could and would be done, because I'm a farmer and it puts money in my pockets...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some did it early on with the 6.0L, and it seems to eat it just fine.
Coming form the financial end, with fuel prices escalating.
I have the ability to make my own, I figured there were others maybe even with a 6.4L that will run it?

:popcorn:

·
Strokin' and Smokin'
517 Posts
Just did a little research on the using more than B5 biodiesel in the 6.4. Effects are excessive regeneration cycles which can lead to premature DPF failure. And if this happens Ford will void the engine and exhaust warranty if they find the fuel is rated over B5.

·
Strokin' and Smokin'
517 Posts
Don't know what it might effect engine wise, if anything.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What if you don't have a DPF

Your warrenty was void when you pulled the DPF. Make sure you put that back on before taking it to the dealer.

Donovan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts