The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally gotten my cooler upgrade done :thumbsup

All went very well mounts right in with a brass adaptor everything hooks up perfectly :thumbsup

After idling and half hour drive trans fluid lines still cool enough to touch :D

worked out well and costs all of $45 to do and takes 1 hour with fluid n filter change :happymugs HD COOLER :happymugs

Mike

PHOTOS:

Attachments

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now after a few days of driving it transmission seems to shift a bit firmer and is more responsive. :thumbsup

So i'm going to have say this project was a successful Upgrade :thumbsup

:happymugs load it Heavy & Run it Hard :happymugs

Mike

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after driving to work i parked my truck as normal about 10-20min after parking i desided to touch my cooling line the trans cooler was luke warm at best ! and my engine oil cooler was still flipping Hot ! I think them OEM oil coolers cool the transmission way better then they cool the engine oil. . .May have to find an engine oil cooler upgrade no room to go bigger maybe get the large cooler with the fan ? LOL

Mike

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Looking good Mike. Job well done!

Reactions: M123KT-450

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My transmission may just out live the engine . . .
Tho for me that would be a GM normality . . .

For me:
1. GM has the weak engines. blow up or wear out. Continuous Alt failures :bang :haha

2. Ford has the weak transmissions n rear ends. auto trans failures or rear end strips yoke intermittent alt failures :bang.

3. Dodge has the weak chassie/suspension n electrical systems. :thumbsup Tho i haven't had 1 alternator failure :thumbsup :bang plenty of Ignition failures tho :bang

Mike

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
The Duramax is a good motor, so that throws a monkey wrench into your statement about gm's.:haha:happymugs

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only 2 GM engines i have had issues with is the 350SB (blew up 7 of them) and the 6.5 Turbo Diesel ( repeated brake downs lack of power) .

Tho i did have 2.5L I-4 fail on me but it had 215K miles on it . . .

Mike

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
my dad took two 350 tbi's out in his last truck, two transmissions and a rear end as well.

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Normally a 350 chevy don't last me but 1 summer.
Mid fall it'll spin bearings and stab a whole in the block and oil pan with bits n pieces of the rotating assembly, the lower end's just don't seem to hold up well. . .

I'm not really a fan of the 350 chevy the 302 ford or the 318 dodge, i have had routine and repeated failures with all 3 of them. . .

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts