The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TDG Duramax 6.6L (LB7) Shootout Dyno Numbers

We will follow this soon with graphs and a write up, but here are the raw numbers

First set is raw, uncorrected, and the second set is SAE corrected. Runs were made in 4th gear (with a tech 2) and also in 5th.

·
Registered
295 Posts
We will have full dyno plot graphs soon. We also will have the full drive-ability test results from each tune too. All test data from this will be posted (truck type , mods ) and any othere information.

There are also a couple tunes that did not get to run. Westers was caught in customs. The new Quad would not load , so the old Quad was used. We hope to get some results form them at Merchants , Dyno day, as with the top tunes from this test with some NEW mods, to better show them off at their best potential.

SAME DYNO SAME FORMAT. for a overall true test.

This was great fun and at the same time very nerve wracking to watch your truck do 48 dyno runs in a days period. A lot of the top 3 test tunes were all with in a few hp of each other around the board. The torque is very close too. What the main difference is between the big three is the drive-ability and preference of the driver.

I would like to thank DAVID DUNBAR for the great work and results. Brandon Meyers for the techII, and working hard all day long too. The Diesel Garage and its sponsors, DP-Tuners, DHRA and all who came and helped.

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, one LB7, (CAP's) over a long time period with cool downs and standards of testing to keep things as fair as possible...

·
Registered
295 Posts
what BIG dawg :shrug: :Thumbup: , they were all there ! ANY ONE WHO WAS NOT THERE WAS YELLOW AS THEY SAY.:evil: .........(excluding Westers who will be in the review write up when tested at Merchants):deal:

·
Registered
208 Posts
There have been many trucks over 5bills on tune only. You know the whole different dyno, different truck, different day thing. The corrected #'s were within a few horsepower of 500. What's 5 HP?

Its all about track times anyway.

On edit: I thought the corrected #'s were 490's not 480's I stand corrected.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Interesting comparo...nice to see how just running the truck different can make such a difference in numbers too.

I have to disagree on track times being the only important thing. I want to drive my truck everyday with a killer tune. Seeing that the power levels on the top tunes are so close, for me it wouldnt matter who had the highest number at that point. Lets drive it on the street.

I know everybody(tuner) was invited to attend...interesting that some didnt.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I agree drivability is important for some people. Its not much of a concern for me, as I am a wuss.LOL

I've decided not to DD with a big tune, with some of the engine failures we have been seeing lately, and this being my only form of trans.(for now)

I did drive it for awhile on the big tune, but decided it wasn't worth it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Slick said:
I agree drivability is important for some people. Its not much of a concern for me, as I am a wuss.LOL

I've decided not to DD with a big tune, with some of the engine failures we have been seeing lately, and this being my only form of trans.(for now)

I did drive it for awhile on the big tune, but decided it wasn't worth it.

Go big or go home as they say.:Thumbup: If you have a properly tuned big tune it will behave as a daily driver like a small tune!!:Thumbup:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Kennedy Diesel said:
Think someone could have bumped the switch on the Van Aaken, or inverted the 4th and 5th gear results?

I think it might have been a typo and reversed by me , it was late, I was whiped . The graphs will be out soon and the full review.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The drivability is fine with the Xtreme, it seems that when you have the power available you use it more.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Spoke with Brandon and he figured that was a run with the switch in the wrong position, but the corrected numbers for the VA appear to be on the correct track.

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish we could have recorded the runs. The difference in timing and sounds of each tune was cool to hear... Some of them would make a bead of sweat run down Chris's head...LOL...

There is a movie of Dunbar messing with chris on our last run...LOL... I hope chris posts it...LOL.. it was classic!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
ISurvivedNMU said:
I wish we could have recorded the runs. The difference in timing and sounds of each tune was cool to hear... Some of them would make a bead of sweat run down Chris's head...LOL...

There is a movie of Dunbar messing with chris on our last run...LOL... I hope chris posts it...LOL.. it was classic!
You should have seen his wife's reaction..... :uhoh2: LOL

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Hey Chris...there wouldnt even be a shootout if you would have loaded the "Twinkie" tune......LOL :roflmao: LOL :roflmao:

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FYI, it was my fault, I did not put in the code to the juice. So the Edge box was not run on the HOT level. It was run on the 125 HP program that put down more than 125.. Nice..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts