The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was heading out for lunch. Get behind a new 6.7L Dodge truck. We're heading up the bridge and all of a sudden he lets out a puff of smoke and I hear the motor ramp up. He got a good head start because of his failure to let me know he was about to get on itLOL , but regardless his reign only lasted for a few seconds. I pulled on him like a rocket when the indecissive tranny finally decided to down shift. When I pulled up on his tail I heard his motor come back down...he knew he was beat:pointlaugh . I figured he would get on it again after that, but he did not. Guess he didn't want any more than he already got.:poke:

So once again the old myth about "don't race a Cummins on top end" got disproved. I straight up walked him.:woot:

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
6.7's BLOW..!! LOL.. you couldnt give me one!! for free... even if it had a naked hooker in there..!! good kill tho..

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
brentos said:
very nice i had a dmax blow some smoke in front of me the other day so i just flipped the switch and cut out my turbo (vgt)!! and smoked out the road and then he wouldnt race me! Wimp
there was a cummins luggin the crap outta his motor in front of me the other day and i got in front of him and hit my same switch, floored it and then he was wanting to race me for $500! LOL

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
oh ya, nice kill too sean! haha

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Great Kill!

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
HD_F250 said:
Was heading out for lunch. Get behind a new 6.7L Dodge truck. We're heading up the bridge and all of a sudden he lets out a puff of smoke and I hear the motor ramp up. He got a good head start because of his failure to let me know he was about to get on itLOL , but regardless his reign only lasted for a few seconds. I pulled on him like a rocket when the indecissive tranny finally decided to down shift. When I pulled up on his tail I heard his motor come back down...he knew he was beat:pointlaugh . I figured he would get on it again after that, but he did not. Guess he didn't want any more than he already got.:poke:

So once again the old myth about "don't race a Cummins on top end" got disproved. I straight up walked him.:woot:

Great kill, but the story is "Don't race a cummins on a dig" They are known for being dogs on the high end.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
6.7's BLOW..!! LOL.. you couldnt give me one!! for free... even if it had a naked hooker in there..!! good kill tho..
Couldn't give you one? Why, because you couldn't afford the insurance?:poke:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Eazydeezy said:
Couldn't give you one? Why, because you couldn't afford the insurance?:poke:
:hehe

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
LOL oh man, that was hardcore! haha. i always heard after a cummins t/c locked, "look out"...but i think it must apply more on the 12vs...

·
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IDK. I've ran 3 6.7's from a roll that were tuned. I ran one from 50MPH, another from 60MPH, and the other from 70MPH. Every time I put a straight up whooping on the 6.7. I also raced one of those from a dig once and pulled him the whole way; although I'll admit it was stronger on low end, and the second time we raced from a slight roll and it was the same story.

Not saying the 6.7 isn't fast, but I'm not buying into the hype just yet after my experiences with them...every time I thought it was going to be a good run and they just got spanked. One had Bully Dog, one had a Smarty, and not sure what the other had, but it looked like he had an Edge Outlook monitor in there when he made a left hand turn...not sure though 100%.

·
393 Posts
Well, I'd rather pay 31,000 for this beautiful silver reg cab long bed, clearence lights 4x4 six speed(manual) 6.7l cummins, than 43,000 for a ford p-stroke (having the same tranny and reg cab etc)

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
DieselJuice said:
Well, I'd rather pay 31,000 for this beautiful silver reg cab long bed, clearence lights 4x4 six speed(manual) 6.7l cummins, than 43,000 for a ford p-stroke (having the same tranny and reg cab etc)
In Utah for 43,000 you could probably get and extra cab, long bed, 6 speed, Lariet. Ever heard the old sayin you get what you pay for.:poke:

·
393 Posts
Yes, I've heard that. Then again I only paid 1500 for my cummins(Was in a slight wreck and I rebuilt some of it) and its been one of the best investments I've ever made for that little doe.

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Always love hearing about a cummins kill!!!

·
1,705 Posts
I still owe you a race :popcorn: . Haven't been in Denver without my 33'er lately.

Eazydeezy said:
Great kill, but the story is "Don't race a cummins on a dig" They are known for being dogs on the high end.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
01duramax6spd said:
I still owe you a race :popcorn: . Haven't been in Denver without my 33'er lately.
Yeah, we'll have to hook up and do that for sure when ya get a chance! Should be a good time :)

1 - 20 of 250 Posts