The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
706 Posts
Is this an emissions legal tune? I ask because it doesnt make much power,and I see no smoke. If it is ,I like it.:woot:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John DiMartino said:
Is this an emissions legal tune? I ask because it doesnt make much power,and I see no smoke. If it is ,I like it.:woot:
50 State Street Legal :Thumbup: C.A.R.B. EO number pending. No smoke equals a happy DPF!

·
706 Posts
I like emissions legal tunes anyway. Nice work! 60+ at the rear wheels and legal is nothing to sneeze at.

·
Registered
129 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

I could definately use this... Im having a hard time getting up and down the cascade mountain passes with my 28ft trailer... (throttle pegged Im topping out at 50-55mph) I WANNA DO 65 or 70MPH BABY!

Gimmie gimmie that HYPERTECH! :bow:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the tune made the engine smoke the dpf would collect the soot (smoke) to burn it off later.. I have a hard time believing that the tune does not cause smoke, you just cannot see it because of the emissions junk. To me this translates into more soot to collect in the dpf, which in turn will cause more regens and possible lower mpg.:damnit

·
Registered
432 Posts
i would want more power than that u can upgreade the turbo to keep the smoke down look at the 715hp 6.7 it barely has any smoke that is only when u really get on it and dpf and cat and egr are all gone

·
706 Posts
jd_craft said:
i would want more power than that u can upgreade the turbo to keep the smoke down look at the 715hp 6.7 it barely has any smoke that is only when u really get on it and dpf and cat and egr are all gone
Most guys should be looking for emissions legal upgrades for there 07 trucks,and they have it.Turbos and such will not be emissions legal.DOT and snap idle tests need to be passed for the working trucks and chassis cabs.

·
Registered
432 Posts
to an extent alot of thing increase the fuel economy getting rid of the egr and getting rid of the dpf will open open the exhaust more need intake and how is a new turbo not emsiions legal

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dirtmovr said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the tune made the engine smoke the dpf would collect the soot (smoke) to burn it off later.. I have a hard time believing that the tune does not cause smoke, you just cannot see it because of the emissions junk. To me this translates into more soot to collect in the dpf, which in turn will cause more regens and possible lower mpg.:damnit
Dirtmovr,

That is not the case with our tuning; you can look at none DPF trucks with Hypertech tuning and see that they don’t smoke. Making clean tunes isn’t something new for Hypertech it’s the way we’ve been doing things since the mid 90’s when we started tuning diesels. Now that isn’t to say that we didn’t have to spend time learning the DPF and how it affects things. There was a lot of time spent developing and testing the tunes for the 6.7s. Being that this is the 6.7 forum I’m sure most of you guys know that there are three configurations of the new Cummins. To ensure we had you guys covered we went out and bought 3 trucks.

Now you are correct in your assumption that the DPF would hide a dirty tune long enough for a video to be shot. However if a company as large as Hypertech started doing things like that it wouldn’t take long for it to come to light especially in the day and age of the internet. I mean even as it stands now the Max Energy and the Max Energy ECON are backed by 30 day money back guarantees.

·
643 Posts
dirtmovr said:

You must be right they`re is no miracle to do here!!! I think it`s right unless someone proves it is`nt!!! The last thing I want is more regens !:iagree

1 - 13 of 13 Posts