The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i use a flywheel from a 7.3 a 2pice on my 6.9,,or should i use the solid one off of 6.9 thanks

·
14 Posts
Did you post on another site? It will depend I think on which tranny you are using. The 6.9 came with the 4 speed. the 7.3 with the 5 speed. You can use the 6.9 flywheel and pressure plate with the 7.3 clutch disc if it is the same size or smaller. You can use the entire set up just depends on trans.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you post on another site? It will depend I think on which tranny you are using. The 6.9 came with the 4 speed. the 7.3 with the 5 speed. You can use the 6.9 flywheel and pressure plate with the 7.3 clutch disc if it is the same size or smaller. You can use the entire set up just depends on trans.
i am running a 6.9 with a7.3 flywheel--(2 piece) with a 4 speed trans from the 6.9 is that ok thanks

·
14 Posts
I believe you will need a 6.9 clutch (small Spline) with that trans. I'm not sure if you can use a 6.9 disc with a 7.3 fly wheel and Press plate. You can do it the other way around 7.3-5 speed- large spline disc with 6.9 fly wheel and press plate. Try to find an intelligent, NAPA parts guy to help. Most parts places/persons only know how to sell kits. I currently have one 6.9 ("83) that I'm going to use the 7.3 disc with the 6.9 flywheel and pressure plate, and this is a NAPA disc. Trick here was to use a smaller diameter disc with the existing fly wheel and press plate.

Reactions: marv0007
1 - 4 of 4 Posts