The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck is a 96 crew cab long bed and wondering what size i should go with? pictures would be great. thanks

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
go to my gallery i got 7" mitre cuts, i like them and get compliments all the time, got them from dpppower.com

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
6" i would say

·
Git-R-Done
888 Posts
96 stroker said:
my truck is a 96 crew cab long bed and wondering what size i should go with? pictures would be great. thanks
Is your truck 4 wheel drive?
Is it lifted?
Is it a dually?

That info would be my main deciding factor on what size and style I would recommend.

You can check out several pics here: http://www.dpppower.com/stacks.html and here: http://www.dpppower.com/customers.html

I have added several new pics lately so you should have a good variety to look at.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thank,
Darrell
DPP

·
2,509 Posts
personally I think 7's are a bit much, If I was going to get stacks (which I'm not), I'd go with 5 or 6in.

·
TDG Mafia Member # 70
426 Posts
96 stroker said:

everyone talked me out of stacks, so i bought single side exit. I'm so sorry i didnt get stacks. but tomorrow i am going to Keller Truck Parts to price out how much to make dual 6" exhaust, that will dump right before the rear wheels.

GO for 7"!!!! get the 7" bull haulers. i think they are bad *** as ****.

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my truck is not lifted not a dually thinkin bout lifting it down the road just not sure if 7 would be to big. they look so small in pictures

·
Registered
456 Posts
7 inch by all means i got 6 in miter cuts now which are for sale because i am getting 7 in

·
1,386 Posts
I'm running 5" curved stacks on my dually. I think that is plenty big. Here are a couple pictures. One with t-pipe cover and one without.

Attachments

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you. whered you get that cover what did it cost if you dont mind?

·
1,386 Posts
I had a local steel fabricator make it for me. No one makes a t-pipe cover for the OBS trucks. It was $232.00

·
Registered
239 Posts
LOVE my 7's. Look in sig for pics

·
1,581 Posts
I though the bigger the stack the smaller the ****.LOL

...of course the same holds true for tires :poke:

·
64 Posts
I was thinking this summer of upping to 7" mitres. I think I agree that unless I had a lift, it will look better sticking with the 5"ers. A dually looks best with bigger than 5".

A guy on the way to and from work has some 7" bull haulers. Some people think it looks like Dumbo. Just a little too much on his stocker '95 Cummins.

·
Git-R-Done
888 Posts
tjl said:
I'm running 5" curved stacks on my dually. I think that is plenty big. Here are a couple pictures. One with t-pipe cover and one without.
Hey Tim did you ever send me pics of your truck to put on the website?? I looked through my emails and if you did I must have deleted them. Shout me some over and I will get them on sometime this week.:Thumbup:

Thanks,
Darrell
DPP

1 - 20 of 22 Posts