The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep hearing that the trans go kit offers a strength improvement on these......are they a difficult kit to install?i dont want to get into clutches......running small tune and 4" so ive never limped just piece of mind.....

·
3,939 Posts
I think its just valve body mods in the Transgo Jr. kit. Im sure one of the trans guys will chime in...

I'll also move this to the Transmission forum.

·
100 Posts
i put a trans-go jr and a suncoat 1057 converter in a 06 truck. putting the converter in was the hardest part. the shift kit are easy to put in the only thing you have to do is drop the valve body.

·
Registered
505 Posts
mike L, i'm wondering if you get bang shifts on the 6 speed alli with just a transgo jr kit, like the allison 5sp gets with a kit similar to that jr. kit installed?

·
116 Posts
dmaxvaz said:
mike L, i'm wondering if you get bang shifts on the 6 speed alli with just a transgo jr kit, like the allison 5sp gets with a kit similar to that jr. kit installed?
Sounds like you are comparing the Transgo with bullydog kit. No bang shifts at all.

·
Registered
505 Posts
mike l - i am comparing the two; to me they look like the same exact identical pieces and springs; am i wrong? or they dont bang in the 6speeds as they do in the 5sp allison.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
after reading much here about the trans it seems mine may be a different problem.mine has not limped yet but it seems to get confused at shift points.sometimes it will shift like most trucks ive driven but most of the time it will be like a very lazy shift

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.