The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking into swapping out the hand shaker zf6 in my truck for a 4R100, along with needing a new pcm for an auto truck and the gear shifter, what are some other things i will need? ive looked into swapping in a c6 (no electronics) but i like having overdrive and the aftermarket overdrive for the c6 is pricey

·
1,415 Posts
Have you looked into stand alone controllers instead of a new pcm and tcm. possibly need new flex plate, tranny coolers, possibly steering cloumb for the shifter.

·
rock removal technition
589 Posts
auto pcm, wiring harness, column can be modded, cluster indicator, flexplate, spacer, trans spacer, auto pedals, if 4x4 transfer case, possibly drive shafts,

·
645 Posts
looking into swapping out the hand shaker zf6 in my truck for a 4R100, along with needing a new pcm for an auto truck and the gear shifter, what are some other things i will need? ive looked into swapping in a c6 (no electronics) but i like having overdrive and the aftermarket overdrive for the c6 is pricey
I am going to do the exact opposite with my '00 F550 4x4, i have every thing I need to do it. I would have every thing you need to do your swap. I don't know if the manual steering column will accept an auto shifter. My truck dose not have tilt wheel.

Call me I would be interested it trading your Manual trans related stuff for my automatic stuff.

My trans is built for towing, with a billet max low stall converter, trans go sift kit, HD clutch packs, ect

call me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts