The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna be selling a 64/71/70 non wastegated 6L turbo that is currently on my truck. It runs great, but i have different plans for the truck. I'm thinking about putting the stock turbo back on it and gettin the procharger kit from empire diesel. Then eventually getting the garrett powermax turbo to run with the procharger. But i'm not gonna do anything till i sell this 64/71/70 turbo...if i can. It has a polished compressor housing. If anyone is interested PM me. Here's some pics. of the turbo pedistal and drainline.

Attachments

·
499 Posts
can you tow with it? and what are you looking for a price?

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you tow with it? and what are you looking for a price?
i never towed with it. It should be good enough to tow up to 8K lbs, nothing really heavy, but you need bigger injectors and the right programmin to do so. You should really have bigger injectors when runnin this turbo. It has roughly 8k miles on it, and i'm askin $1500 for it right now.

·
338 Posts
max psi?

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen between 40-45psi with it.

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I shouldn't have said that you really need bigger injectors to run this size of a turbo...but the extra fuel does help. i remember eric tellin me a while back that if runnin the stock injectors on a bigger turbo...running the x-street or x-race file will work the best for spooling the turbo so that it wouldn't be so laggy.

·
Too much into it now...
2,011 Posts
I checked with the OP before I posted this:

I have the exact same turbo.
I have run it with 190's and currently with stock injectors. (Since early summer)
It made 42+ psi of boost with the 190's, and just over 37 psi with stock injectors.
I pulled my 30 foot holiday trailer this summer, with stock injectors, with no problems at all.
The OP is correct, bigger injectors are alot more fun with this turbo, but it's nice to know that you can get the turbo before the injectors in this case.

Good Luck with the sale!!

·
8 Posts
I'm gonna be selling a 64/71/70 non wastegated 6L turbo that is currently on my truck. It runs great, but i have different plans for the truck. I'm thinking about putting the stock turbo back on it and gettin the procharger kit from empire diesel. Then eventually getting the garrett powermax turbo to run with the procharger. But i'm not gonna do anything till i sell this 64/71/70 turbo...if i can. It has a polished compressor housing. If anyone is interested PM me. Here's some pics. of the turbo pedistal and drainline.
Hi my name is Josh. Im new here and cant send a PM to you yet. I was wandering if this turbo still up for sell? If so what kind of miles do you have on it and does it have shaft play? I also seen you are looking to procharge a powermax. I have a powermax that i just put on my truck 1700 miles ago. I have 190s that i run with it and never seen over 1200 on it. Im looking for a charger like the one you have if you are willing to trade and all is good on the charger give me a call at 812-267-1394 or text me thanks.

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi my name is Josh. Im new here and cant send a PM to you yet. I was wandering if this turbo still up for sell? If so what kind of miles do you have on it and does it have shaft play? I also seen you are looking to procharge a powermax. I have a powermax that i just put on my truck 1700 miles ago. I have 190s that i run with it and never seen over 1200 on it. Im looking for a charger like the one you have if you are willing to trade and all is good on the charger give me a call at 812-267-1394 or text me thanks.
It still is for sale and has between 8000-9000 miles on it with no shaft play. If i sell it i am going to run the stocker cause i'm still unsure what i want to do and if i still want to go with the powermax.

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is the price you need for this turbo thanks. You can post or call me at 812-267-1394 thanks.
Josh, i'm sorry but a local guy just bought this turbo from me today. It is now sold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.