The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wat all would i have to do to run htt's 64 on a 01 S.0

·
3,514 Posts
a 64 will be surgy on the street. I'd go for a 62 if you're running a single.
Sean

·
Registered
422 Posts
you can do it, but your gonna need over 100hp injectors and a fueling box to make it spool at all. I thought about upgrading my turbo later and thats what i will do. Prolly a 64-16. Not sure what size blade though.

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would 200hp injectors be to big plan on goin twins later only want to by injectors once

·
Registered
422 Posts
If you used the 64 turbo then there shouldn't be a problem with exhaust temps.
I know a guy with a common rail (sorta apples to oranges), but he ran the 64/16 on a street truck running one program and 180 horse injectors. He only made 1400* at the end of the track. That truck was good for just over 600 horse. Around town the turbo lit well and wasn't laggy at all. There was smoke, but it was controllable. I think that the single can keep up with all the vp44 will do, but it may not be totally streetable. The twins that your talking about would prolly be alot more streetable.

·
3,514 Posts
Yeah, thats the main concern is street driving, and smoke control. My buddy was running a Smarty TST stack with new mach 5's and a Sled puller 66 and that thing would get crazy hot and he couldn't control the smoke. He said it was fine on the track, and with the boxes off, he could control smoke alright but it was a pig.
Sean

·
307 Posts
64 is the comp? and 16 is the exh?

·
Registered
422 Posts
you got it

·
Registered
93 Posts
I thought 16 was the size of the housing not the size of the turbine???

·
Registered
422 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts