The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appologize for not being as active as I used to on the forum here but my other gas compression business has had record months back to back plus the back log of trucks time has been hard to find. In a province full of lifted oil feild trucks like mine I just want to say thanks to Ryan for building such an awesome truck. None of the pictures you guys have seen give this hot rod justice. I will start with some pictures of the truck and work our way into what we put on and then the dyno run

Attachments

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On the first day he came in we took off the pathetic 4" stack that belongs on a barb-q and replaced it with a 7" angle stack from Grand Rock. The 4" stack that was in there was the biggest stack you could find in Edmonton. You would never guess what diesel performance company he bought that mass produced mediocre stack from :) LOL
Also we fitted him up with a down pipe. I sure wish we had our hoist in before Ryan showed up but we managed to get her done.

Attachments

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The next day we proceded to mount the Zex Race Diesel Nitrous kit and build him an intercooler pipe. We welded two nuts on the pipe and drill and tapped them to 1/16 NPT for the zex nozzles. The truck currently only has one purge kit which will be rectified next time Ryan is in town and will get some bottle warmers.

Attachments

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
We ran out of time on the Dyno and will get this truck dialed in yet. It is running the 310 V8 From Spartan and I want to say thanks to Matt for pushing this tune through for me as they are not available to the public untill further testing is complete. We are not even close to maxing this truck out yet. We were all over the place with our Jet sizes trying to get the right combination of throttle (first stage) and push button (second stage) we also beleive we have a ground issue as the light under the hood was diming during the dyno runs. The biggest thing that makes me happy about this run is that it never dropped under 600HP across 500+ RPM you can see where the second stage hit and pulled the truck back up. This is a mustang Dyno MD250 which will measure actual HP right across the band. That means this truck should pull like a bastad right through the power band. One other thing to note is that we are not sure the MD250 can load us up hard enough because we were only able to pull 40 pounds boost and this truck with the downpipe and intercooler pipe will hit 55PSI regularily on the street

More will come on a later date once we get him dialed in
Also want to thank Ryan for letting me do some pretty hard core mods to his truck and also thanks to lightspeed innovations in Red Deer for letting me fill his Dyno Bay full of Diesel Smoke again.

Attachments

·
996 Posts
thats bad ***! very impressive numbers...

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
That's great!!!! Wonder how much more you'll be able to get out of it??

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
What a power house. Thanks for the write up.

·
101 Posts
Nice numbers, looks like it holds just over 600 all the way across.

·
274 Posts
Thanks again to Dirty Diesel, Spartan, Reid and Lightspeed:happymugs:happymugs:happymugs

As for the boost numbers I never saw above 37 on the dyno and on the street I see 45-47 but I've never hit 55 like some of ya'll get. I think I have the ground issue figured out but now I'm outta nitrous and the closest filling station is an hour and a half away:bang

Thanks for the compliments on the truck again Rob:thumbsup Lol it sure does stand out from the crowd!! I still get a kick outta that older couple that was checkin out my truck while we were out for lunch:happymugs Very cool!!!

·
1,077 Posts
Thanks again to Dirty Diesel, Spartan, Reid and Lightspeed:happymugs:happymugs:happymugs

As for the boost numbers I never saw above 37 on the dyno and on the street I see 45-47 but I've never hit 55 like some of ya'll get. I think I have the ground issue figured out but now I'm outta nitrous and the closest filling station is an hour and a half away:bang

Thanks for the compliments on the truck again Rob:thumbsup Lol it sure does stand out from the crowd!! I still get a kick outta that older couple that was checkin out my truck while we were out for lunch:happymugs Very cool!!!
No problem buddy. We'll get some boost out of it. I've got a something in the works. Ill keep you posted.

·
248 Posts
what was the #2 HP/TQ numbers again? Good job with the IC tube, I know how tuff it is to make it fit right on the first shot. Thats why I'm not selling them.

·
2,126 Posts
Next time I'm up in Edmonton I might just have to stop by for a look! You guys got any of them Spartan Tuners in stock? :haha

·
773 Posts
I gotta come down and see that truck one of these days, it's F'N SICK!! Good job Rob, Wade and Ried on the work you guys are doing, I can't wait to see the next dyno sheet from that BEAST!!

·
1,077 Posts
the next one will be better. i give you my word. i want to fiddle with a few things on Ryans truck (if he'll let me) and we'll be taking it to the dyno again.

·
773 Posts
That truck is comming along really good, I can't wait to see some 1/4 times out of it when he gets some slicks put on it!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts