The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of trading my truck for a 6spd, actually I have been for a while but I was just curious how it performs with SCT tunes. I've driven a few 6.0 6spd's (all stock) and they are a little dead off the bottom but come to life when they spool up. I was just curious how everyone liked their 6spd.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I do not have an SCT but I do have a TS 5X loader. While it is better than stock it still is doggy on the bottom end

·
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply I just wanna make sure it can still run like my auto does. My truck runs like a spotted ape and I still wanna be able to smoke some ricers if needed, but have the control of the truck while pulling.

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
6 spd runs like a raped ape with the sct.....

·
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much can the stock clutch handle?

·
257 Posts
my stock clutch in my 04 didn't handle an edge juice very long at all and the sct has more power than the edge does

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
lol....yeah clutch.....i forgot so quickly...

the stock clutch WILL NOT HOLD UP to the SCT

my southbend clutch will be here this week... p/n MU1950

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
Like everyone else said, You will have to upgrade your clutch.

Which model did you get Tanks?? DF, CB or 8FB ?? Drop me a PM and let me know who you got it from. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've blown 2 cobras off the road with the SCT on my 03'!

·
Registered
22 Posts
The SCT along with an intake and exhaust will get rid of the turbo lag. The engine spools up quickly, but I am not sure I could shift fast enough to win any races.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
yeah, the 6 speed needs a short shift kit to make it semi-competant. i remember reading that the throw from low to 5th is almost 12 inches! i think BD sells short shift kits...the SCT or the 5X will wake a 6 speed truck up considerably :evil:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts