The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I just bought a 06 glider with a 6ts e model, I'm looking at turbo upgrades. I'm currently running a 2WS with a 600 clean power tune, pdi stage 1 turbo and manifold and I like how it runs. I do heavy haul, so I'm routinely 120 to 140 gross. Looking for advice on what turbo to run on the 6ts. I don't want anything crazy, and I really don't want to sacrifice reliability. I haven't driven the 6ts yet, but I'm assuming it may have a nox file in it, being a older 40 pin. I'm thinking a turbo and file would be the way to go. It is a factory 550hp with a 18 speed and 2 speed rears.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
provided it is actually factory 550hp engine with appropriate iron, I would use a borg warner non wastegated 650hp billet comp wheel unit.

part number : 14969880000

also a pre clean power/low NoX file.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a big help, thank you. Can a guy do much better than the 601/2050 tq tune? A local guy flashes it for 500 bucks. It's been a while since my last 40 pin, so I'm a bit Rusty. Also this was a reman cat motor when installed, is there any way to call cat and figure out which internals are in it? Also thinking of a full tilt manifold, any suggestions there?

·
410 Posts
You can find out what is in it through the Cat SIS system if you have access to that. If not a Cat dealer can tell you from the serial and arr. numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts