The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was posted over on Powerstroke Nation:
FTE TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers SUBJECT: Safety Recall 07S57: Certain 1997 - 2003 F-Super Duty said:
https://web.fsavinlists.dealerconnection.com[/url] . This information will be available on December 04,

REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL

In some of the affected vehicles, the Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor may fail due to circuit

degradation. If the CMP Sensor should fail, the engine may stall. In the event of an engine stall, a

crash could result without warning. A new CMP Sensor with improved reliability is now available.

SERVICE ACTION

Dealers are to inspect the CMP Sensor to verify which design level sensor is installed in the affected

vehicles, and replace all prior level sensors. This service must be performed on affected vehicles at no

charge to the vehicle owner.

OWNER NOTIFICATION MAILING SCHEDULE

Parts to repair this condition are currently not available in sufficient quantities to service all of the

affected vehicles. Therefore, to ensure that an ample supply of parts is available, owners of affected

vehicles will be notified in separate phase mailings over several months. Phase mailing will begin the

week of December 17, 2007; prioritized by age of vehicle. Dealers should repair any affected vehicles

that arrive at their dealerships, whether or not the customer has received a letter.
You can go to:

http://www.ford.com/owner-services/c...ll-information

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sticky for anyone new coming in?

This was a sticky before.

I'm going through Google's caches to help rebuild the site.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
dont do the recal until yours fails lots of people my self includid have seen loss of mpg and idle issues also the gray cps has problems with cyl cont tests so if you still have a black one keep it

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
dont do the recal until yours fails lots of people my self includid have seen loss of mpg and idle issues also the gray cps has problems with cyl cont tests so if you still have a black one keep it
I haven't had a bit of trouble with mine, Steve...

Well, since I can't submit another post, I'll edit this into it:

Curtis (Pocket) sent this to me in a PM and since he can't add to the thread, I'll add it in.

Pocket said:
I wanted to add to the sticky thread, but since the forums got wiped out, I can't post to any sticky thread yet until my post count comes up.

Anyway, there is a Ford TSB out about the CPS recall. I was going to post that since it goes hand in hand with the recall itself.

The grey CPS can cause issues, and Ford knows it. If anyone wants to go forward with the recall, they need to know of potential issues that can pop up, so that they know where the problem is. Otherwise, they might spend extra time and money chasing a phantom problem (ie: cylinder contribution tests, IDM test, etc.). Here is the information regarding the TSB:

203 - SOME 1997 THROUGH 2003 MY 7.3L VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT A PHANTOM P0284, P0281, P0278, P0275, P0272, P0269, P0266, AND/OR P0263 DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC)
SOME 1997 THROUGH 2003 MY 7.3L VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT PHANTOM P0284, P0281, P0278, P0275, P0272, P0269, P0266, AND/OR P0263 DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTC) WITHOUT DRIVABILITY SYMPTOMS IN CYLINDER CONTRIBUTION TEST (CCT) ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A NEW STYLE (GRAY) CMP SENSOR. THE NEW STYLE SENSOR WOULD HAVE BEEN INSTALLED UNDER SAFETY RECALL 07S57. ENGINEERING IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON A RESOLUTION TO ELIMINATE THE PHANTOM CODES.
Hope this helps add a bit of info to the thread.

Thanks,
Curtis

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Reactions: CHEROKEE 57
1 - 5 of 5 Posts