The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I am interested in getting one.It is a cheap mod when you compare it to inj or turbos.

Do you have to do the front seal or crank seal on a 7.3 like you did on your 6.0?

Mike

·
Registered
460 Posts
Never heard of a fluid damper on a 7.3 (or a 6.0 for that matter). Enlighten me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
kainers said:
I am interested in getting one.It is a cheap mod when you compare it to inj or turbos.

Do you have to do the front seal or crank seal on a 7.3 like you did on your 6.0?

Mike
It is not necessary to replace the crank seal on a Fluidampr install unless the seal is worn out.

Basically a Fluidampr controls torsional vibration from the crankshaft better than the stock rubber damper. The stock rubber damper is designed from the factory to absorb the peak vibration at a specific rpm. Once you have done any mods to the engine, you have shifted where the peak vibration occurs to a different rpm. The stock damper will no longer protect your engine like it was designed. The advantage of the Fluidampr is that it does not matter where the peak vibration occurs, it will absorb vibration through out the entire rpm range. That is why you will see viscous dampers on all heavy duty diesel engines, they control high torsional vibrations much better than rubber dampers.

For more information please see the link below:
http://www.fluidampr.com/downloads/diesel_fluidampr.pdf

I hope this answers your questions, if anyone has any other questions please let me know.

Thanks.
Dan

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've bought one for my engine build up but the motor is not running yet. After talking to a lot of performance engine builders it just made good sense.

Hopefully, I'll soon have my nozzle issue fixed and we'll see how the entire truck runs.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
how hard is it to install just a few bolts and away you go or do you need a puller?What damage can I cause doing it okie backyard mech style?

Thanks

Mike

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
kainers said:
how hard is it to install just a few bolts and away you go or do you need a puller?What damage can I cause doing it okie backyard mech style?

Thanks

Mike
One large bolt, and a puller.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kainers said:

I only had to do the seal because it was leaking, not bad but i was working thier anyway. if you do one, i would suggest you rent or buy a dampr puller and installer for your 7.3. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
any sponsors carry these things?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The fluidampr anyone sell those things.Sorry should have been more specific.

I BFS and hammer should do the trick on the pullin part.

·
Vendor
382 Posts
I stock both the 7.3L and 6.0L versions. I'm currently waiting on my stock order, but it's due here any day. Unfortunately, I don't have them up on the site...along with a bunch of other stuff I'm behind on.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kainers said:
The fluidampr anyone sell those things.Sorry should have been more specific.

I BFS and hammer should do the trick on the pullin part.
dont hammer it off, use a puller if you hammer it off it will be damaged. unless you dont have a use or need for the old one. its not good on the crank or thrust bearing ether. you need to press the new one on with a dampr installer. if you hammer the new one on it will be damaged also!! I would like to see you put it on the right way. if you need help ask me on here or private message me and i will give you my phone # :Thumbup: :Thumbup:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I won't use a hammer I PROMISE.I was just makeing fun of myself and my backyard mechanic'n skills.

Dennis you get that stainless HPOP crossover figured out on the Trucks with H2E's and QSSB like mine?I would like to a one stop shop.

Mike

·
Vendor
382 Posts
kainers said:
I won't use a hammer I PROMISE.I was just makeing fun of myself and my backyard mechanic'n skills.
:roflmao:

Dennis you get that stainless HPOP crossover figured out on the Trucks with H2E's and QSSB like mine?I would like to a one stop shop.

Mike
Yes, I've got them. I've been meaning to post it on my forum for a few days...but you know how that goes. I'll get the site updated with the ability to select that option in a few days. For now, you'll either need to call to order or order the regular one online and make sure you email me to let me know you need the H2E one.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I carry the fluidamprs as well. Just remember you are supposed to tighten that bolt to 212ft lbs. So you better have a gun to get it off.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
got the other stuff I felt I needed but not the Fluidampr.Still shopping for that one for the time being maybe in a week or 2.

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts