The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a 1990 F250 4X4 that keeps stalling after I start it and drive it a bit. It stalls at the stop light or when I am driving. In all cases I just start it and keep going until it stalls again.
About a month ago I replaced the leaky injector caps and fule lines, voltage regulator and fuel flter\water seperator. I bled the lines of air doing one injector at a time starting from the fuel filter\water seperator and ending with #8 on drivers side. I really need to get my truck going but I am not sure what else it can be.

Thanks guys in advanced

·
TDG MAFIA
730 Posts
It Could be a few different things, could be a clogged fuel filter, or faulty fuel pump. Do you have the history on when the filter was last changed? When it is running does it run good? How hard is it to restart after it stalls?

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
If it stalls only after the engine is warm or hot, take a bottle of water and pour it over the IP cover, if it starts right off, the solenoid is weak.

Also, be SURE the grounds on the engine are GOOD, if you have a poorly grounded block the run solenoid doesn't pull enough amps to stay on when it heats up. Could also be in the ignition switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts