The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all. I am getting ready to build up my truck to run in The show-me smokers 2.4 workhorse class. and am looking for 450 to 500hp.
my signature is up to date on what I have, except I have a 17degree pump sitting in my living room floor to be put on later.
here is the list of parts I figure I'm gonna need
turbo 2.4 or smaller ( I'm planning on an H2E )
intercooler
fuel system
headstuds
maybe valve springs and push tubes:shrug:
stage 3 hybrids
probably gonna modify my own IDM

if anyone has any suggestions or parts they would fit in here they would like to sell let me know
I need to get my TA sold before I drop the hammer on all the parts but that should happen in the next month or so
Thanks
Ross Becker

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you met any of the guys from the new Show-Me-Smokers? My brother and some of my buddies are going to be running with them this year.

·
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kind of but mostly informally, I went down to a benefit pull in belle last year and quite a few of the guys that were down there are planning on running with them.

Matt Gilmore is the only one I have really talked to in person much. I had him come and speak to us at a young farmers meeting in town about bringing some classes to our pull in June.

They do have a forum up and going and I have been on it doing some posting as wellhttp://www.show-mesmokers.com/forum/index.php?www

What kind of trucks are you brother and friends going to be running I'll keep a look out for them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah my brother and buddies are on there all the time, my brothers screenname is smokincummins...

My brother is running an 01 maroon ext cab LB,
A couple buddies are running CR 4dr Short Beds that are dark blue, and another buddie is running a 4dr Dually that is silver...

·
263 Posts
pontiacross said:
maybe valve springs and push tubes:shrug:
this not a maybe you will be doing this

stage 3 hybrids B-codes

if anyone has any suggestions

get a old motor and stick about $10000 in it

·
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was pretty much planning on getting the valve springs and tubes but wasn't sure if they were a waste of money for that level or not. I guess I'll mark them down as a for sure
I'd like to run B codes because they would be a lot better platform for a future build but the rules for the class I want to pull in wont allow dual pumps so I think I should be able to get where I need to be with hybrids for now

the engine in my truck has about 220,000mi. on it so it wont be a huge loss if I through a rod or something. as soon as I can I'm gonna start collecting parts for a future engine build that will include rods, a girdle, and the other good stuff.

·
504 Posts
Go with the new stealth pump, it's a single pump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts