The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What're the dimensions/weight of the 7.3L? I'm thinking about doing a swap into a smaller truck...

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I don't know the numbers to help you out, but what size truck are you wanting to go to. A buddy of mine is putting an 1160 CAT in an 87' F-150. He is modifying the frame a lot to get it done. I do like your ideal, fill us in on your plan. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I think I'm a couple of years out from this... but I was thinking about relatively stock diesel in a tacoma or s10 or something. I like the idea of using a import truck just for the oddity. I figured I'd have to mod the frame, make a trans tunnel and massage the firewall a bit, but that's no biggie (that's half the fun). Atleast I'm short so I can push the engine back if I need to. I'll probably think of some other fun stuff... any ideas?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Jeff is going big with his truck, are you going to try to keep close to stock height? You could do a lowering suspension kit along with a body lift to give you more room under the hood and keep a more stock look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts