The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

This is for a 2002 7.3L PSD with the Banks Stinger package.

I didn't notice this until I pulled onto the highway this morning for my commute (the first time I really had given it any significant throttle), but my truck was *really* down on power. About the same time, I noticed my OD light was flashing.

The truck still shifts fine, as far as I can tell. I shut it off in the parking lot at work and started it back up again, and no flashing light. Gave it some gas, and it responded with power until about halfway through first gear - then the same deal.

The fact that it initially had power tells me it's not a turbo going south, but I need some help in troubleshooting this. I've seen a bunch of threads mentioning a speed sensor in conjunction with a flashing OD light, but nothing mentioning the truck being down on power.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!

Chris

·
1,921 Posts
Does the speedo work fine? Usually if it's a speed sensor the speedo will act up too. But sometimes it's just an intermittant issue that happens once in awhile and the PCM picks it up but you don't see when it happens on your speedo because it happens so fast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The speedo seems to work fine - I didn't see any screwy issues there.

I am pretty curious about the loss of power to the truck when this happens - we're talking about literally a minute or more to get from 20mph to 70mph. I don't really have a clear handle on what or why is causing this if it's a sensor or limp mode, but I'll definitely have the codes pulled first to see what's up there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts