The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Powerstroke (7.3 or 6.0) is better performance and reliability wise?
I got a 7.3 and like it very well and my buddy has the 6.0 and loves it also. I know the 7.3s dont have as much raw power but I have been hearing ford has backed up with their 6.0...... just hear-say, I wanted to know if they were right, or not?

·
1,854 Posts
I would take my 7.3L over my dads 6.0 anyday
and i know alot of people that feel the same way and i know a lot of people that love there 6.0's.

for Reliabilty i would for with the 7.3L anyday.
performance probaly the 6.0 but i don't know much about performace stuff

·
282 Posts
As far as reliability you couldn't beet the 7.3. But performance the 6.0 is pretty darn good. Easily modded to produce some great horsepower!

·
4,827 Posts
Of those 2, I'd take the 7.3 any day. :D

·
2 Posts
As far as reliability and durability go, the 7.3 wins hands down. Its track record proves that. If you want affordable performance, the 6.0 is the clear winner (as long as it doesn't puke on you). I've seen stock 6.0's make over 400 rwhp with just a tuner. 400 rwhp on a 7.3 isn't cheap.

Now, if you are talking big power (600+), both engines are capable of about the same output, and it costs $$$$$ to get there.

·
coreystroke02
171 Posts
I own a 02' Powerstroke and would also pick the 7.3 hands down. I have some friends that have the 6.0 and have had nothing but problems. My office is right next door to the Ford dealership and I see the 6.0's being towed in everyday! I'm talking about brand new trucks! The service manager told me that he see's about 10 6.0's to 1 7.3 that need work. Don't get me wrong, the 6.0 is damn strong, I guess there are some good one's and some bad one's out there. Even though my 7.3 won't run with the others, I still love it and I don't have to worry about it leaving me stranded!

·
112 Posts
I will always be a fan of the 7.3

·
6,337 Posts
I love my 7.3, but I would take a 6.0 in a heartbeat... 90% of the issues have been worked out, and I think some people forget that when the 7.3 came out it had it's fair share of issues too... The 6.0 is only 4 model years old and was not givin enought time in development IMHO...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts